In need of a good insurance company

2,408 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gus1390
(Removed:11023A)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hello,

So I currently have State Farm and after the hurricane Harvey and my dealings with them, I can not drop them soon enough!!

Any other insurance companies that you guys might recommend??
rhoswen
AG
If you can get USAA, do that
techno-ag
AG
Check out one of the independent agents and let them find you the best coverage. We use Rollo.
aggiebeck
Check out Rollo Insurance. I had State Farm and they were able to save me a pretty big chunk of money. Ask for Paul Teel.
FarmerKeith
AG
Absolutely positively call Morgan Moudy (or J. Paul Teel) at Rollo Insurance. They're based in Aggieland, they're independent (i.e. loyal to you, not to a carrier), and they insure LOTS of people on Texags.

You'll never need to switch agents again!
AG
Great, thank you guys
carpe vinum
AG
rhoswen said:

If you can get USAA, do that
Yep, USAA.
A little higher but a dream to file a claim with should you need it, plus their home buyer, auto, etc... is great too.
We switched briefly to Met Life to save money, but switched back.
LostInLA07
AG
What's the story with State Farm?
AG
I can't have usaa
carpe vinum
AG
Then Met Life was pretty good, no real problems.
I sometimes thought it was amazing their customer service staff even found their building every day, but everything always got sorted out in the end, and they were the cheapest we found.
75AG
AG
Call Liere.
halibut sinclair
ANCO
SFLORIDAAG
AG
Hey Andy,

I am an independent adjuster and work claims for most carriers. I am a USAA member but recently left due to high premiums. My recommendation is Hochheim Prairie. They are a Texas only company and treat members well, are priced competitively and Pay claims as they should. Call jones and associates here locally. Ask for Brandie Jess. She is very helpful.
Tailgate88
AG
andyv94 said:

Hello,

So I currently have State Farm and after the hurricane Harvey and my dealings with them, I can not drop them soon enough!!

Any other insurance companies that you guys might recommend??

State Farm customer here and I have always been very happy with their claims dept. Would appreciate hearing your story.
KidDoc
AG
I use Liere as well and I'm happy with it currently have progressive for auto and was overall happy with a recent claim for my sons accident.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rsa
AG
SFLORIDAAG said:

Hey Andy,

I am an independent adjuster and work claims for most carriers. I am a USAA member but recently left due to high premiums. My recommendation is Hochheim Prairie. They are a Texas only company and treat members well, are priced competitively and Pay claims as they should. Call jones and associates here locally. Ask for Brandie Jess. She is very helpful.
+1 for Hocheim Prairie and Jones & Associates. We've used HP for 20 years -- good rates, and A+ service on the two times we have needed to file a claim.
csnole
Farmers insurance I picked up my vehicle from Houston airport 5 days after Harvey drove straight to Toyota they confirmed water damage called Farmers had money to fix within the week. Very satisfied with service
Kitten With A Whip
Nothing but good things to say for Liere.
gus1390
AG
Dwight Groves with Program Insurance Group
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.