Found dog - North Grimes County

1,230 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BlueMiles
Muzzleblast
How long do you want to ignore this user?

This good boy showed up on my porch Friday afternoon.

He is a Lab and something else. Neutered male. Collar with no tags.

I made posters and put them up. Texted all my neighbors with his picture. He is on the lost pet page of the InstantFace thingy.

He was scared and pretty timid. Finally got him to eat. He gets along well with the other dogs.

If nobody claims him soon I'll get him scanned to see if he's chipped.

I'm on County Road 102 (Democrat Road) in the Cross Community near Iola.

If anyone recognizes him text me at:

Nine seven nine

momlaw
AG
Facebook's Brazos Lost and Found Pets is very effective with reuniting owners and wayward pets. Suggest posting there. They also have tips and resources that are helpful.

Thank you so much for providing safe harbor.
momlaw
Muzzleblast
He's on there. A friend did it for me since I don't InstantFace.

He's a great dog. I just hope someone comes to get him.

He is safe here. Just had a chewy outside.
Muzzleblast
It's looking like someone just dumped him off.

I've contacted everyone I know out here, put up posters, and listed him on all the internet sites anyone could think of.

So what now? Where in Grimes County do I take him for possible adoption. It's hard for me to tell if Grimes County has an animal shelter.
momlaw
AG
There is an animal control facility in Navasoata. I do not know their jurisdiction and imagine it is not placement oriented due to financial constraints.

Would you be willing to foster with the support of a rescue placement organization? There are several in the area who might be able to provide needed resources and work on finding a home. Being in a foster greatly enhances chance of suitable placement and adoption as foster can speak to dog's needs, concerns, socialization, etc.

If so my email is in profile. I would be happy to provide some connections that might work for you and this guy. If not, these might still be helpful, but not sure since the rescue pipeline is seriously jammed with extreme number of Hurricane Harvey found pets' stray holds ending and prospects grim.
momlaw
Muzzleblast
Got a call today about the dog.

The owner saw one of the flyers I posted.

This afternoon there were two very happy little girls picking up Ace.

They are not sure how he got away. They found his tags near their house.

This is the best outcome I could have hoped for.

Special thanks to Momlaw. She is great support and a huge source of information when trying to get a dog home.
BlueMiles
AG
Thanks for the update, and for getting the dog home!
momlaw
AG
Muzzleblast was a blast.

He took great great care of Ace, taught about the niceties of the indoors behavior and good dog manners. His side kick Buckshot enjoyed playing with Ace aka 'Tober (as in October find), was down for vetting and fostering until we could find suitable home.

Thinking Muzzleblast and Buckshot would be great fosters. This was their dry run. We can make that happen.
momlaw
BlueMiles
AG
Muzzleblast, Buckshot, Ace. And Momlaw.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.