Postgame traffic routes/ road blocks ??

1,163 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redd38
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two things noticed after game last night

Hollemann just south of 2818 was blocked off forcing all vehicles into the cottages apartments to turn around.

Vehicles can access wellborn road via north dowling just 100 feet or so before the closure on Hollemann and there is not much traffic heading west on 2818 after the game. Heading east.. By time you get to Wellborn from 2818 congestion has died down significantly.. So closing Hollemann forcing all traffic into an apartment complex... Makes no sense

Then heading north on bypass and exiting Texas ave. .. Road is blocked preventing no left turns on Deacon.
I can't even begin to imagine why this is in place.
PS3D
I'm going to guess Deacon is closed off is to limit traffic dumped off at Wellborn without a light.
You can also get to Dowling from the Cottages area by taking Junction Boys back to Dowling Road.
Aggie
AG
Deacon and Texas closed off

Not Deacon and wellborn
Oogway
I agree with PS3D, the closing of certain roads may be inconvenient for some us locally, but works to keep most of the traffic on the major streets designed for the volume and flow required on game days. Dumping that traffic onto minor arterials that have stop signs/no traffic lights can cause safety issues and the officers/emergency personnel already have their hands full I would expect.
It may mean I don't get to take my favorite shortcut, but I usually assume it isn't about my convenience but that there are other parameters of which I am uninformed.

Edit to add: but if Deacon @Texas Ave is closed to left turns, then northbound traffic is less likely to take Deacon through the neighborhoods westbound to Wellborn (where there is no light) or travel on minor streets such as Welsh etc that are less able to handle traffic. This also simplifies the route for visitors.
PS3D
Aggie said:

Deacon and Texas closed off

Not Deacon and wellborn
I know. But Deacon's terminus is at Wellborn, and a lot of people (myself included) take Deacon to Wellborn to avoid Rock Prairie or Harvey Mitchell and those lights, who then turn right and then left on Cain. But Cain is supposed to be a relief valve to get back to Holleman Drive South, and they don't want the left hand turn crowd trying to fight their way onto it. And least that's what I assume. For local traffic, there are many other ways to get in and out of Southwood Valley.
redd38
AG
Closing Holleman before 2018 was a good change this year. That intersection is better without that extra traffic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.