Lawrence Hall making a comeback at Speedway?

3,542 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Stupe
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good god, how much longer are they going to be storing vehicles there? And I am only assuming they have completely filled the inside of the speedway as there are hundreds (maybe thousands) of vehicles now outside of the speedway.

Could they have not found another location once they filled the infield of the track?

EDIT: Lawrence Marshall... Lawrence Hall is a dealership in Abilene
ontheedge
Why does this seem to be a problem for some people. Let the adjusters do their work and get them gone. Not sure how this negatively effects some folks lives.
rilloaggie
AG
NIMBY fever is a dangerous affliction
cslifer
I am genuinely curious why this bothers you. Those cars have zero effect on anyone as they sit there. I have seen quite a few out of town wreckers staying in hotels, eating in restaurants etc so that is good for business. We all know it is temporary for insurance companies and not the only racetrack doing this. This is a side effect of a natural disaster, is it really worth complaining about, especially when it doesn't effect your life negatively at all?
AgsWin2011
AG
Not saying this it bothers me. I live in close proximity to the speedway. I would just rather see the Speedway be used as, you know, a Speedway, and not a junk yard per se. I like hearing the sports cars and motorcycles race early on a Saturday morning. Sometimes I like to take my kids to see the races as they really enjoy it. Now it's basically a junkyard and looks like it will be that way for sometime.

So sorry to get all of your panties in a wad on Saturday morning. Thought this was the (friendly) Aggieland board and not The Zoo.
cslifer
I hate to see it go as much as anyone, but we all knew this was coming. How long the cars are there doesn't matter, it will never be used as a track again.
TellMeMore
While not true in every case, a lot of the people who own those cars have had their lives changed forever, or at least will deal with the consequences of the storm for years or decades. This is part of a process for them to start getting their lives back on track, so take a minute to think about the other side of the equation .
Average Joe
AG
My thoughts exactly. Sorry someone else's misfortunes are so inconvenient to you.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hL0PJhvLq8fDmvbk1
carpe vinum
AG
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
AgProgrammer
AG
95_Aggie
AG
I think some people wake up everyday searching for something to be offended by that day.

It's often something that zero effect on their lives.
CollegeStationMaid
There's been some guys from Ohio staying at a vacation rental I clean for the past six weeks. Early last week, they told me there's about a half a million cars at the speedway and they were looking for another place to store them. It's really sad how many lives have been upended by the storm
studioone

so... aren't those cars trashed because of water damage? If they are, wouldn't they just abandon them and they stay here FOREVER?

then whoever owns the speedway could scrap them in a few months after declaring them abandoned...

he's making $$$ im sure for letting them use his property.
AgGunNut
AG
They aren't staying there forever. They're brought there for insurance companies and such to deal with in one, staged area. They'll eventually either be sold off (by the insurance companies) to a broker who will sell them on salvage titles, in some cases given back to the owner, or destroyed.
ratfacemcdougal
That is a lot of cabs going south of the border
PS3D
studioone said:

so... aren't those cars trashed because of water damage? If they are, wouldn't they just abandon them and they stay here FOREVER?

then whoever owns the speedway could scrap them in a few months after declaring them abandoned...

he's making $$$ im sure for letting them use his property.
Yeah he rented out the speedway for the next six months. I'm sure that the speedway either won't reopen or have one final "last gasp" event before it closes forever.
techno-ag
AG
Great use of the old speedway before they turn it into a housing development. Glad our community can help our neighbors affected by the hurricane.
FlyRod
TSJ
AG
Took this one this afternoon.

SARATOGA
As long as it's not a subdivision or landfill - I don't care what they use it for !

Gig Them !
Fonzie Scheme
AG
I can't believe someone is doing something that doesn't affect me in the least but, by god, I want answers for it.
Zombie
Rumor around is that he is charging $40/day per car storage fees. Judging by the pics, there are easily 20-30k cars there right now. If the rumor is true, he is making upwards of $1mil a day....
PS3D
Zombie said:

Rumor around is that he is charging $40/day per car storage fees. Judging by the pics, there are easily 20-30k cars there right now. If the rumor is true, he is making upwards of $1mil a day....
$40/day for a single car isn't economical by any means. No way he's going to walk away $100M richer in six months for car storage (not including rent or sale of the speedway) alone.
Carny89
Copart Leased the property for 6 months or a year. Knife river has hauled in rock and such to help with some of the storage. It's not a daily fee.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Zombie said:

You could park them in a downtown Houston parking garage for cheaper than that. I love rumors without thought.
O.G.
The commercials will be on TV soon with Ray Childress telling us how they, "Clobber Bag Saty Prah-says"........
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
If there are 20k - 30k cars, he's raking in the money at $1/car/day.
Stupe
S
Zombie said:

I would have had a difficult time not laughing at someone of they told me that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.