road repairs on 159 question

1,301 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hammerheadjim
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

they're doing some repairs on the road, and someone drew some orange paint lines of marking the road for stuff...

they became very enthusiastic with the paint and have drawn dots and lines and stuff into my yard. Some of the marks are a good 30-35 feet from the highway.

Ive got at least 15 dots or lines in my flowerbeds and yard... and i want to know why... and i want to ease those lines because if you dont know i own a wedding venue and orange paint in the yard is verboten.

Txdot has no clue, Welborn Utilities have no clue, Atmos has nothing to do with it, and i have no idea who the telephone line people would be....

any help is appreciated.
techno-ag
AG
Was it the "call before you dig" people?
ratfacemcdougal
try calling USIC
MosesHallRAB83
AG
When I used the call before you dig service, verizon marked theirs using orange paint. Electrical used red. Atmos used yellow I think. Perhaps it was a communication company of some sort. Just spitballing.
Oogway
Frio Cielo
If they are on your property and out of the utility easement, I would remove them the best you can.
studioone
whats Usic?

i called the 811 number.. they said they would check it out and call back in half an hour... that was about 12 hours ago..

so.....
OnlyForNow
AG
Your gonna be on a 48 delay calling 811.

I'd just turn the dirt in your flower beds.

Couple of things... they seemingly are far outside their easement and were thus trespassing, two it's your property and you're under no obligation to leave it like that.
studioone
I'm just wanting to know who and why?

and I'm paranoid that I'm gonna drive to work some day and find that someone tilled up the yard... other than the pigs...

yes.. i know.. I'm supposed to be contacted if someone wants to dig... but I'm also supposed to be contacted before someone steps on the property to draw... which they didnt do..

I'm just paranoid.
Hammerheadjim
AG
D,
there should be a sign on 159 telling you who the general contractor of the road repair is. call them..
You may have to stake out the place next week to find out whats up. Orange generally means communication or cable stuff.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.