Concert at Reed.

13,267 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 75AG
O.G.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
But but but, they can't do this....we're not Houston or Austin. It will never work.......

http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Deep-From-the-Heart-concert-coming-to-Texas-AM--449475463.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KBTX_Media
lost my dog
I'm only going if the 5 former presidents are playing requests from the audience.
halibut sinclair
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/2891677
nashvilleaggie11
This will be great. Sam is my "grandpa" and I am so excited hes finally performing in Aggieland. It will be great!
FlyRod
Great idea. Kudos to whoever came up with it.

I wonder if the 5 presidents will head to GoCo afterwards...
aggiepaintrain
AG
I'm going
CrazyAgE
+4
Olsen
AG
All the cheap seats are sold out already and it's only been a few hours.
JaneDoe02
AG
I bought the $30 tickets. I've never seen a president in person before, much less 5 at once. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I hope that it's something my 13 year old son will remember when he's an old man.
CS78
I logged in the instant the email came out and it showed a lot of seats as not available. Guessing they'll release them to the general public tomorrow. Not surprised to see the cheap seats go as fast as they did.
ThenamesAg
AG
Was unable to get tickets. If anyone is looking to get rid of some please PM me.
scs2001
AG
Same hereall sold out?
gopitt
Sold out.
Looking for tix.
Eliminatus
AG
Cheap Tickets sold out extremely quick and the rest not far behind. I found out too late and failed to get any myself. As the above stated it is a pretty damn cool event with some very important men. I hate country and would gladly go. Plus the benefit thing is neat as well of course.

ETA: There ARE a few floating around the local B/S/T pages on FB, but those are being snapped up themselves within minutes at most. But can definitely keep an eye out for them.
Tim Weaver
nashvilleaggie11 said:

This will be great. Sam is my "grandpa" and I am so excited hes finally performing in Aggieland. It will be great!
I had the pleasure of running sound for him years ago at a show. Truly a music legend and a genuinely nice guy!
CS78
A few options available on the ticket exchange.- https://texags.com/forums/11
Chris98
AG
They should of had it a Kyle Field
nashvilleaggie11
Yes, probably. However, from what I understand, this is put on by the Bush Foundation which is totally separate from Texas A&M. I wouldn't be surprised if A&M is charging the foundation to rent Reed. Kyle Field is even more expensive to rent. Plus, rain is always a risk at Kyle Field.
AggieBarstool
Chris98 said:

They should of had it a Kyle Field

That was the original intent but it was changed to Reed.

I imagine it's easier on the Secret Service if the event is indoors. Also, cost, as previously mentioned.
Bob2525
Wondering what the dress might be. It's a country concert, but with 5 presidents. So jeans and a bow tie?
bonfiresmoke
Bob2525 said:

Wondering what the dress might be. It's a country concert, but with 5 presidents. So jeans and a bow tie?
I am wondering the same thing. I don't want to overdress. If you are going what are you wearing? This really effects my wife more than me.
CS78
Dress will probably highly depend on where you are. Part of the floor seating/meal, I'd expect it to be somewhat nice. I saw students picking up cheap tickets yesterday afternoon. I'm guessing most of them wont be too concerned. We'll be in the cheap seats and Ill probably have on jeans and a polo. Nobody I need to impress.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Is there any package or anything that allows a picture to be taken with all 5 at once? That would be an amazing photo to get.
txyaloo
AG
I'm interested to hear what the plan is between 4 and 7. Their email said:

Quote:

Doors open at 4 p.m.; Doors to the seating area open at 4:30 p.m.
  • Please plan to arrive as close to 4 p.m. as possible.

I've been to a few events with presidents speaking. It doesn't take that long to get through the Secret Service security line.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Agree. I'm sure they want to spread out the lines but to ask people to come 3 hours early is a bit much.
Aggie09Derek
AG
I've got two extra lower level tickets - Great Seats - selling below cost.

PM me or email Aggie09Derek@gmail.com
Wicked Good Ag
While at Reed For the volleyball match I heard that they are expecting over 9000 for the concert and that they will have metal detectors at each entrance but only 10 or so

That means the lines will be long to get in. Come early
legalbird

the football player raised about 37 million ...
txyaloo
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

While at Reed For the volleyball match I heard that they are expecting over 9000 for the concert and that they will have metal detectors at each entrance but only 10 or so

That means the lines will be long to get in. Come early

Secret Service is generally much more quick/efficient than CSC event staff
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Rumors that Lady Gaga is going to make an appearance.

Thats pretty major if true.
nashvilleaggie11
She's sound checking now. All hail Queen Gaga. Amazing!
6-4-3
AG
She came here alright. Incredible vocal range on sound check.
OnlyANobody
TAMU1990
AG
Please let us know how it goes. I can't attend and would love to hear how it went.
nashvilleaggie11
Watch it live!

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.