In need of person to stake out tail gate spot

3,674 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ali0308
mike_ags_fan12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lives in BCS, is free at noon Fridayand wants to stake out a tailgate for some out of towners. They'll be compensated for their labor.

mike underscore dawgs one zero at gmail
AggieBarstool
Time? Place? How long would this person "stake out"? Proposed compensation?
mike_ags_fan12
Noon at reed. I can email exact locations. $60
DimeBox17
AG
I can do it. I'll be staking another one as well so I'll be there bright and early. PM me
mike_ags_fan12
Please respond to the email provided above. Thank you much
DimeBox17
AG
Email address bounced
mike_ags_fan12
Forgive me. The email above is a yahoo account
gettingitdone
Official stake time is noon, but most people get there as early at 6:00 am to sit in front of the spot they want. If you show up at noon, chances are you will not get a spot. This weekend with Bama coming is going to be especially busy.
redd38
AG
There are already several groups of people camped out for spots. Better hope your guy gets there real early if you want a good spot.
CrazyAgE
redd38 said:

There are already several groups of people camped out for spots. Better hope your guy gets there real early if you want a good spot.

Pretty much always are the same ones there REALLY early. They want the ones directly along the sidewalk.
Aggie
AG
Bama 2013... We got to our spot at about midnight Thursday night/Friday morning. By 4-5am Friday morning people were everywhere sitting in chairs or laying in sleeping bags claiming their spots.

About 7-10 years ago when the rules were a bit more relaxed we always started tailgating during midnight yell and would tailgate/Camp overnight at our spot.

When gameday came here for 2006 OU we got to our spot at 4am. Gameday was set up in Cain park and our spot was in Cain hall parking lot and we were set up J ust on top of the hill parrallell to wellborn looking out over the gameday set.

Great times

Oogway
Saw quite a few folks when I cruised by this morning at seven, but there were still places to set up shop if anyone is still thinking about going prior to noon. Some of the spots across from the stadium looked like they were already well into party mode...
dallasiteinsa02
If all they are going to do is put out some string and think that holds their spot, you will get it removed. When we take our spot with actual people tailgating, we also take down a bunch of other strings to make it chaos and not just turn the trouble towards our location.
isitjustme
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

If all they are going to do is put out some string and think that holds their spot, you will get it removed. When we take our spot with actual people tailgating, we also take down a bunch of other strings to make it chaos and not just turn the trouble towards our location.
If this is true, then that is extremely uncool. I hope you are just joking, but if not, I hope I never meet you b/c I don't think I'd like you and your crew very much if you do selfish things like that. BTW, this has never happened to me b/c I don't waste a lot of time trying to set up tailgates.
dallasiteinsa02
agrab86 said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

If this is true, then that is extremely uncool. I hope you are just joking, but if not, I hope I never meet you b/c I don't think I'd like you and your crew very much if you do selfish things like that. BTW, this has never happened to me b/c I don't waste a lot of time trying to set up tailgates.

The people that toss string down and then show up at 1 to start tailgating for a night game. Thus keeping everyone willing to show up earlier on game day from tailgating in "their" spot are the selfish ones. You want a spot have physical people in the spot.
Tim Weaver
#firstworldproblems
SoTheySay
S
I don't know anyone who does this. We don't do this and the people around us don't do this.
CS78
Only issue Ive seen is the groups that try to claim way more space than they need. They rope off a 20x40 yard area so their small group has room to play football and other games. I have thought it would be entertaining to go out about 4am and remove ALL of the roping and then just sit back and watch with a chair and cooler.
Ali0308
The rules for setting up tailgates have been in place for years. There is no rule that says you must be in your tailgate spot by a certain time on game day. If you want that spot, show up earlier on Friday. Removing their string is a major jerk move.
dallasiteinsa02
I don't see anything about strings in the rules.

http://gameday.12thman.com/tailgate-rules.html
isitjustme
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I don't see anything about strings in the rules.

http://gameday.12thman.com/tailgate-rules.html
"6. Unless otherwise designated, site setup may begin no earlier than noon on "set-up day," (the day immediately preceding a NCAA-recognized campus sporting event). Claiming tailgate areas prior to noon on "set-up day" is prohibited. Any tailgating materials left on site before setup day may be removed without notice. Please contact Aggieland Tailgating at 979-862-7547 to reclaim materials."

Thanks for the link. No - rules don't say anything about strings, or any other method of claiming an area. But any non-moron would understand that a stringed-off, roped-off, or otherwise claimed area is indeed a claimed area. And claiming an area starts on the Friday before the game at noon. So when you and your friends do what you do, you are taking over someone else's claimed area and messing with others' claimed areas as well. It's bush-league and 2%er and you should know better. But alas, you do not.
kcl
AG
Pretty much any day of the year, there is some NCAA-recognized campus sporting event. Couldn't you just say you were tailgating for the diving tournament (or whatever) and set up a day earlier?
Ali0308
Sure, but you would have to have it taken down by midnight of the game day:

"On game day, tailgating will begin at 7:00 AM to better coordinate with our scheduled parking lot opening times. All tailgating spaces should be cleared and cleaned no later than midnight on game day."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.