Fast food restaurants that make you pull forward

6,213 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
LJF78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In drive thru when nobody behind you.
What the point of that?

InMyOpinion
Do drive thrus still have sensors the record how long cars sit at the window. Maybe pulling forward manipulates wait times?

Just guessing
ontheedge
Less decision making, take money, move them forward.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Do drive thrus still have sensors the record how long cars sit at the window.
This. They don't want their wait time average to suffer.
Post removed:
by user
Captn_Ag05
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

I just politely say "no".

So, you enjoy your food with spit on it?
Post removed:
by user
ReelDeal
AG
"please have your payment ready"

how about "please have your food ready"
ratfacemcdougal
Whataburger does not do it enough. I will see a bag in the window that will eventually turn out to be my breakfast order while I sit in line waiting for a night shift person that has ordered a double meat burger with grilled onions
FlyRod
This thread made my morning...for all the wrong reasons.
rhoswen
AG
I wish more restaurants did this!

I don't understand the people who refuse. What difference does it make?
91_Aggie
AG
InMyOpinion said:

Do drive thrus still have sensors the record how long cars sit at the window. Maybe pulling forward manipulates wait times?

Just guessing
This is is the answer!
techno-ag
AG
Free parking?
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
AggieBarstool
rhoswen said:

I refuse because, at that point, I become a second class customer. Their focus turns toward the people in line, meanwhile I'm just there waitin' on my food. I'm not going to incentivize this practice.
Post removed:
by user
woodometer
AG
Burger King at 29th and Villa Maria will ask you to pull up every time. They will even tell you it is because there is a timer.
91_Aggie
AG
I was the only at Taco Bell on Tower Point (it wasn't my choice to be there). The guy offered to upsize my soda if I Pulled forward and then backed up again.

It's definitely the timer. [my company actually makes a drive-thru timer solution for quick serve location]

Employees are gaming the system to make their stats look better.

Or franchise owners are having their employees game the system if they are being judged on this by their corporate overlords.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
91_Aggie said:

I was the only at Taco Bell on Tower Point (it wasn't my choice to be there). The guy offered to upsize my soda if I Pulled forward and then backed up again.
That actually happened to me months ago at that Taco Bell. I think it was in the morning and I had only ordered one of their dollar items and was the only one in line. The person asked if I would mind to drive around the building and back to the window and they'd give me a free drink. I said sure if it'd get me something for free.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
a lil off topic but anyone else feel like the 2 McDonalds at Rock P and HWY 6 South CS are ridiculously slow these days? both lines take forever to go through.
Rex Racer
AG
AggieBarstool said:

rhoswen said:

I refuse because, at that point, I become a second class customer. Their focus turns toward the people in line, meanwhile I'm just there waitin' on my food. I'm not going to incentivize this practice.
Yep. The McDonald's on Villa Maria near HEB has actually forgotten me before, and I've had to walk inside and saw my food just sitting there in a bag getting cold. Not cool.
Stupe
S
AggieBarstool said:

rhoswen said:

The people in line behind you in the drive through or the people in line inside the store?
jja79
AG
There are some badass burger and burrito buyers here.
australopithecus robustus
Having the customer pull forward is simply an indicator that your food is being assembled fresh. You should be pleased.

If it was already made it would be bagged and the transaction would be completed when you pay.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

a lil off topic but anyone else feel like the 2 McDonalds at Rock P and HWY 6 South CS are ridiculously slow these days?
The Tower Point McDonald's has terrible service. Not much better than it was when it was in the Exxon across the highway.
MiMi
S
Was at the TP McD's drive thru last night. My daughter is sick and wanted burger and shake. Of course the shake machine "was down." So I ordered her burger - quarter pounder, no mustard. I pay and pull up to the next window to get my food. When I get it, I pause to check the order to make sure it's correct. The container has the special order slip attached that says "No Mustard." I check the burger and the only thing on it (besides the meat and cheese, is mustard. A lot of mustard. I hand it back, the employee apologizes and asks me to pull forward. There were several cars behind me so I did pull up, but only far enough to allow the car behind me to get to the window. He couldn't leave until I got my burger. I got my correct burger pretty quickly. I then went to Chick Fil A for the shake. They know how to handle a drive thru line.
techno-ag
AG
Chick-fil-a.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.