TV Repair

979 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CollegeStationMaid
SCHTICK00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a 55" Samsung that has the picture going in and out. Any recommendations on where to take it?
BCStalk
Does it come back on after you turn the tv off and on?
BrazosWifi
We had a similar issue. Turned out to be a bad HDMI cable.
SCHTICK00
AG
BCStalk said:

Does it come back on after you turn the tv off and on?

I don't think so. It will flicker and go out for a while and then come back on. It's an indoor tv used on my patio. I have it hooked up to my inside tv through a hdmi splitter and 50' hdmi cable that wasn't cheap. It's about 4 years old and I don't really want to buy a new one to put outside. Honestly though, it's lasted longer than I thought it would
BlazeHarper
See if you can hit the MENU button and get something to come up on the screen when the television has blacked out. If so then it is a problem with the input source (cable, feed, port malfunction). Does sound cut out when it goes black as well or is it just the picture? You might try a factory reset to restore it back to the beginning when go from there. (MENU/123 or Menu>Support>Self Diagnosis>Reset and enter in 0000 for the pin) something like that.

Ive heard there is a good tech down in Katy TX named Mike who knows his way around and is reasonable but have never used him. Might not hurt to call see if he has a quick diagnoses per your model number. Also Lin's over there by the airport but I have never used them or heard anyone who has. Pretty good run for a 4 year run outside. Seems like a lot of people are happy with the quality of these TCL televisions might give them a look if you end up shopping for another unit.
PS3D
BlazeHarper said:

See if you can hit the MENU button and get something to come up on the screen when the television has blacked out. If so then it is a problem with the input source (cable, feed, port malfunction). Does sound cut out when it goes black as well or is it just the picture? You might try a factory reset to restore it back to the beginning when go from there. (MENU/123 or Menu>Support>Self Diagnosis>Reset and enter in 0000 for the pin) something like that.

Ive heard there is a good tech down in Katy TX named Mike who knows his way around and is reasonable but have never used him. Might not hurt to call see if he has a quick diagnoses per your model number. Also Lin's over there by the airport but I have never used them or heard anyone who has. Pretty good run for a 4 year run outside. Seems like a lot of people are happy with the quality of these TCL televisions might give them a look if you end up shopping for another unit.

Lin's has been there for years, my parents used it. I think Lin's was originally somewhere else before it moved to that location.
SCHTICK00
AG
Thx. Tried the menu thing and doesn't work. Did the reset and still no dice. If I knew it would be less than $100 I'll get it fixed. Much over that and I should just buy a new one.
chigger
AG
We had Lin's repair one of our SAmsungs at least 5 years ago and it's still going.
BCStalk
If it's a smart TV have you updated the software? My Samsung did the same thing and ended up being an update issue. Only difference though is when I cycled it off and on it would work again.
_B_
AG
+1 for Lin's
CollegeStationMaid
++ for Lin's. We have a 60 inch Samsung Smart TV that we took in. He took care of it in a timely manner and it didn't break the bank
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.