Best hotel in CS for conference

2,776 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by stinkerbelle
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are bringing in about 100 people to a conference in November. We like the idea of having them along University Drive where they can walk to places to eat, etc. Shuttle service to/from the airport and parts of campus is a plus. Any ideas? The Hilton Conference center is booked on one of the nights.

Thanks!
bugle rank '87
AG
The Stella has nice facilities.
We’ve never lost a halftime...
95_Aggie
AG
Hilton Garden Inn of College Station that is actually in Bryan
techno-ag
AG
The Garden Inn would require driving to Restaurant Row. Maybe the Embassy Suites would have newer establishments within walking distance, although places closer to the bypass would still require a car.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
nought
AG
The Stella itself is nice, but it is essentially in BFE, and the drive up to it is uninspiring, to say the least. And, it is isolated -- far from any other restaurants or activities.

Are you needing to use the hotel itself for the conference, or just for lodging?
Cyp0111
https://www.thegeorgetexas.com/

jja79
AG
You and your company have planned a 100 person conference that's less than 2 months away and you're just now inquiring about hotels? That seems odd.

What business are you in? Spontaneous speaking?
BlueMiles
AG
Home games here November 4th and 11th, but you probably already know that.
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

The Garden Inn would require driving to Restaurant Row.
Booking a conference 2 months out means you probably won't get your first choice.
UmustBKidding
The Garden Inn has the upside that the HOT funds will not go the College Station.
When I had this problem I solved it by holding my meeting in Richardson. He had shuttle to Galleria and restaurant row in Addison. The comment at a COCS council meeting about taxing visitors at the maximum rate because there was nothing they could do about it was remembered, by me. And while they could not do anything about it, I could.
techno-ag
AG
UmustBKidding said:

The Garden Inn has the upside that the HOT funds will not go the College Station.
When I had this problem I solved it by holding my meeting in Richardson. He had shuttle to Galleria and restaurant row in Addison. The comment at a COCS council meeting about taxing visitors at the maximum rate because there was nothing they could do about it was remembered, by me. And while they could not do anything about it, I could.

Well for that matter they can go to the Best Western near Boonville with the nice atrium.
Captn_Ag05
AG
The George or Calvary Court. New and nice spots and can walk to the restaurants in Century Square. There are currently four open, but more should be open by November.
nashvilleaggie11
The Stella hands down.
halibut sinclair
Captn_Ag05 said:

The George or Calvary Court. New and nice spots and can walk to the restaurants in Century Square. There are currently four open, but more should be open by November.

CaValry
mhnatt
mhnatt
jja79 said:

You and your company have planned a 100 person conference that's less than 2 months away and you're just now inquiring about hotels? That seems odd.

What business are you in? Spontaneous speaking?
Actually greater than 2 months away and yes, we have already secured the Stella with plenty of rooms thanks to the more constructive comments on this forum.
mr83tr88
AG
We attended a function at The Stella tonight. You won't be disappointed!!
OnlyANobody
If you'd paid any attention on this board and to the OP's posts, you wouldn't be so unkind.
jja79
AG
Don't take everything so seriously. He might have gotten suggestions to take the crew to 50 cent night at tthe Hall of Fame. That's a board specialty.
OnlyANobody
nm
BrandoC
AG
Sounds like one of those Kyani type ponzi schemes to me.
stinkerbelle
Aloft has some nice facilities.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.