Looking to do granite countertops in new home

5 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by frito bandito
Aggie5050
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Having hard time finding good, reasonably priced places to do countertops locally. Looking for any recommendations. Doesn't have to be local.
InMyOpinion
Which local ones have you ruled out?
aggiepaintrain
AG
Old Stone in Bryan
Geop84
AG
Faith Flooring and More. I haven't used them for countertops, but they did a great job on my flooring and were very easy to work with.
EliteElectric
Granite Earth did my kitchen reno, very pleased
nthomas99
AG
Old Stone did quality work for me a few years ago at the best price (at least then). I thought Hugo was a good guy and easy to work with.

It may have been because they were crazy busy, but it took them a month or two after initial install to come fix a few minor nicks I found (but hey, he was fine waiting to get paid until after then, so ok ).
kyledr04
AG
Old stone
Aggie5050
For those of you recommending Old Stone, did you have any issue with them showing up when they were supposed to?
Wicked Good Ag
To piggyback a bit on the thread. We are having some installed soon and are looking for someone to do the demo of old countertops in kitchen and bathroom. Any ideas on who to contact ?

Also we went with precision for the actual countertops
Summer Breeze
AG
We recently had our kitchen and bathroom counters changed to granite. We used Centex, and they did a great job.
MasterOfNone
I used Old Stone about 4 years ago and they were difficult to work with. They did not show up the first 2 times I made appointments with them for the install. In the end, they did quality work and were significantly cheaper than the other bids I received. I would consider using them again just because the price difference was worth the hassle.
aggiepaintrain
AG
pro tip

get bid then ask for cash price
EliteElectric
I used Old Stone on a rent house years ago, they were cheap, but, took forever and NEVER returned my calls. It was a scheduling nightmare. The work was great, no complaints, but it took about 4 months to complete kitchen countertops. I had to track him down to pay him, first time in 26+ years of contracting I have had to track someone down to pay them. Good work, took forever.
IRBF
Centex does great work. They have done counters in 2 houses we have owned.
carpe vinum
AG
marblecraft does a good job
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
frito bandito
Our contractor used Old Stone for quartz for our kitchen remodel. Good experience. Everything was as expected, and great results.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.