Brazos Valley Women's Center

3,495 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jrhmc
truthbearer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am needing to choose a doctor at Brazos Valley Women's Center, since they are the only doctor's office in the area that is able to do the procedure I need. Does anyone have experience with this office and could offer a recommendation on which doctor to choose?
Max06
AG
I went there for many years, but quite literally it was a revolving door of doctors. I had to see a new one every other year if not every year. Finally got fed up and changed offices altogether.
Kitten With A Whip
I was diagnosed with cancer and given the news by one of those doctors. At the time, I was very scared and not at all familiar with how my cancer is treated. I did ask her quite a few questions and after meeting with a gynocological oncologist, I realized that she had given me some very inaccurate and terribly outdated information about my cancer, surgery and potential treatment. Her bedside manner wasn't great, either, but that really isn't a problem for me. What IS a problem, however, was her lack of knowledge. I'll never go back.

I have heard second hand information on one other doctor from that practice and it wasn't great, but the others I know nothing about.
justalocal
Cynthia Jansky.
befitter
Good grief. I've been going to this office for 17 years and have had very good experiences including delivery of a baby.

Dr. Jansky.
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
Another -1 for BVWC in general. I too was diagnosed with a serious medical condition there, given inaccurate counsel about it and wasted three years of my life miserable and with my condition untreated by what I know now is the convential first-line approach to dealing with it. Jansky was the provider who treated me there.
Once I found another provider, at Beutel, no less for goodness sake, i was prescribed conventional front-line treatment at my first visit and have had a remarkable experience with getting better and feeling better.
Ornlu
AG
My wife was seeing a OB there when we got pregnant with our second. No real complains about the doctor, except that twice when she called the office, the office wouldn't even listen to her question. They replied "Go to the ER" without even pretending to listen.

However, I have strong grievances with their billing department. It's simply abysmal. We actually filed complaints with Texas Department of Insurance and the Texas Medical Board regarding their billing practices.
TXAggie1976
AG
Jansky
Kitten With A Whip
TalkNerdy2Me - Same provider. I just wasn't sure I should say who. I didn't talk to a manager or anything.
SoTheySay
S
Dawson was my OB through three births - twins resulting in a premature birth and a third. No indication of premature birth so our hands were tied on that one. Because of this we took an aggressive route with the third and he fought hard for me when insurance would rather my kid be another NICU baby instead of helping me get the medication I needed. He went above and beyond and it worked.

He also helped when I experienced pre-partum depression (who knew, right?!) and post partum depression and assisted in finding me an incredible psychologist I still occasionally check in with.

We are very, very thankful for him. Crystal was (and hopefully still is) his nurse and we love her as well!
Stucco
I'm not a fan of the facility.
BlueMiles
AG
Kitten, would you email me at the address in my profile?
Kitten With A Whip
BlueMiles said:

Kitten, would you email me at the address in my profile?
Email sent.
BlueMiles
AG
Replied, thanks.
aggiebeck
I've had a great experience with Dr. Jansky at the Women's Center.
martynurse
Dr Jansky is great. Office staff...not so much. They don't want their social media time interrupted.
techno-ag
AG
We're big fans of Dr. Dawson.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
jrhmc
AG
I've been seeing Dr. Doss for the last 12 years. I prefer him since I don't have a need for an OB anymore. He was actually the one who had me go in to a urologist for a recurring bladder infection that turned out to be bladder cancer in my 30s.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.