Day care options

2,390 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TAMU1990
MarinaBeth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

I'm new here from South Africa. My husband is studying at A&M and we have a 3 year old daughter. We are desperately trying to find a day care/ school/playgroup close to campus for her to attend and make some friends. Please let me know if you have any ideas! Thanks in advance.
techno-ag
AG
Welcome to Aggieland and best wishes in your search. I would begin the process of gathering paperwork now for pre-K next year. Here's more info:

http://www.csisd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=164538&type=d&pREC_ID=337811
RanchAg
AG
Check out Becky Gates Children's Center. Near campus and available to university students and staff
MarinaBeth
Thanks so much!!
MarinaBeth
Thank you, they have a very long waiting list and my daughter is on it
SoTheySay
S
My kids are at Longmire Learning Center and we are very happy!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Before I give my input, I need to know: do you make biltong? I've been craving it for a few years.
pattybrhg
Ours are at St Michaels, which would be any easy drive down south College from campus.
MarinaBeth
Hahahaha I wish I did, sadly I don't
AggiePhil
AG
If you work on campus, particularly the north side, I highly recommend A&M United Methodist's child care center. Barbara Bush is also a convenient option. I've heard some good things about St. Michael's too so it's at least worth a look.
AggieAces06
AG
My little one is at Golden Keys Learning Center. We've been very happy with them.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Well, get working on that and droewors, and you'll have a constant customer in me.

Our son goes to Stepping Stone on University Oaks. We really like it and he loves it.
summergal
A&M United Methodist Church Weekday School. They have about the same wait time as Becky Gates, but they are much closer to campus. Great School!
techno-ag
AG
According to the coming and going thread, a new daycare is going in at Rosemary & Texas. Maybe they won't have a waiting list since they're new.

iisanaggie said:

Sign up for Aggieland Preschool Academy in the old Jacque's building at Texas Avenue and Rosemary.
FlyRod
waterchick
Esteban du Plantier said:

Well, get working on that and droewors, and you'll have a constant customer in me.

Our son goes to Stepping Stone on University Oaks. We really like it and he loves it.
The twin egrets go there, too. It's on the Excel Aggie bus route so it's convenient for student/faculty parents who don't want to fork over $ for a parking permit.

St. Thomas Early Learning Center starts at age 3 and they have some part time as well as full time care options. Plus a wonderful nature playground, and a rabbit and other animals.
TAMU1990
AG
St Thomas by the university is a great preschool.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.