Area high school football games this week?

19,896 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ukbb2003
eloc62
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With all the damage from Harvey, do all the local high school football teams still have a game this week? My son plays on the varsity team at CSHS and i know they had to reschedule their game against C.E. King, to i think Austin Westlake on Saturday at 2:00 in the afternoon at CSHS. any info on the other 3 local schools?
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Bryan, Rudder, and Consol playing as scheduled. Only other thing changing in 18-AAAAA is University's game got moved to Saturday in Waco.
Tailgate88
AG
Does anyone know the reason the CSHS game got scheduled for 2pm? It is roasting hot out here...
Tailgate88
AG
The Cougars put up a valiant fight but went down 35-28. Against a 6A opponent, despite a pick 6 and missed FG, and with the starting QB getting injured, they should hold their heads high.
AgTrip
curious why there was no halftime performance.
Stupe
S
Yes, they did.
Westlake is a powerhouse 6A school and CS took them to the wire. Very proud of how those boys played today.
Stupe
S
Tailgate88 said:

Does anyone know the reason the CSHS game got scheduled for 2pm? It is roasting hot out here...
So much for the plan to play in the heat and keep the riff raff out.
jfb88
So proud of the Cougars and my son. He went from thinking he was playing for the jv on Thursday to playing the 2nd half today against Westlake and throwing 3 Td passes.
Oogway
I don't understand why you would say that? Weren't the students selling the stickers for Harvey to raise$$? I assumed the time was to allow the visiting team to return home safely.

That is a nice surprise for your son, jfb. TD passes are a great start to a varsity career!

jfb88
Thanks Ogway.
BANA89
AG
AgTrip said:

curious why there was no halftime performance.

The decision was made because (1) the hurricane caused some loss of practice days and (2) the change to Saturday caused some band and drill team members to miss the game.

Not everyone was happy about that decision, but it was also made before they knew how many school days and practices would be missed.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
BANA89
AG
Any word on the Cougar injured?
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
Stupe
S
He had a solid game. Very impressive considering the circumstances and the competition.

eloc62
Man, that RB from Westlake was a beast!.
Tailgate88
AG
Outstanding performance by your son today! I know you are proud and you should be.

The reason for no halftime show is both bands (and drill teams) were missing 15-20% of their kids due to the last minute schedule change. Especially this early in the season when they are still learning the show, that is a no go. Stay tuned until the next home game, it will be worth the wait.
Stupe
S
Oogway said:

I don't understand why you would say that? Weren't the students selling the stickers for Harvey to raise$$? I assumed the time was to allow the visiting team to return home safely.

Because I was giving Tailgate a hard time.

Note the direct quote and the sunglasses emoji.
Oogway
Got it!
Tailgate88
AG
Stupe said:

Oogway said:

Because I was giving Tailgate a hard time.

Note the direct quote and the sunglasses emoji.

Nice try. Takes more than a little sun and heat to keep me away from a football game. ;-)
ukbb2003
eloc62 said:

Man, that RB from Westlake was a beast!.

Wisconsin bound
Stupe
S
Yep. 3 star headed to Wisconsin.
Oogway
I haven't looked closely at the area schedules. District games will stay fairly local and therefore probably will not face future issues but I do feel bad for the schools that are affected with even having a building to conduct classes much less extracurricular activities.
Oogway
Tailgate88--are you at the CSHS/St.Pius game? Cougars holding their own against em?
Should be a heckuva game.
Last score I saw for Consol was a rout, Bryan was even with Mag West, and I don't know Rudder's score.
ETA--Rudder not playing this week?
Tailgate88
AG
I was, just got home. I am a band dad and was busy herding kids and props so this is the first time I have checked my phone. They held their own. A couple questionable calls and we were trying to come back but ran out of time They have a heck of a team. Not much in the way of fine arts however.
eloc62
I believe the St. Pius QB is headed here next year to play for Texas A&M. Wish he could stay here over night and suit up for the Ags tomorrow. that kid must be 6'4" and man can he throw!
Stupe
S
Gunnell is a 2019 A&M commit as is one of his receivers, Chase Lane.

w8liftr
Milano broke Bremond's 49 game winning streak & are hoping to keep rolling in Iola on Friday.
eloc62
CSHS still ranked #14 in the state despite losing 2 games to 2 tough teams that were not originally on their schedule. They should be ready for the rest of their schedule and hopefully a deep playoff run.
Tailgate88
AG
eloc62 said:

CSHS still ranked #14 in the state despite losing 2 games to 2 tough teams that were not originally on their schedule. They should be ready for the rest of their schedule and hopefully a deep playoff run.

I agree, but am a little concerned about the Consol game. New, good coach, at their place, always an emotional game.
Oogway
They did play them tough, the teams in 18 5A are fun to watch. Lotta fireworks. Temple is good, Consol, Bryan, CSHS makes for some great games here in town.
Does Rudder have difficulty due to smaller numbers? I don't want to get into personnel/political debate, but I recall reading(?) that their school may be better served once UIL splits 5A into two divisions.
This is a realignment year I think so how that shakes out will be watched very closely by all.
AggieBB
AG
Tailgate88 said:

eloc62 said:

I agree, but am a little concerned about the Consol game. New, good coach, at their place, always an emotional game.
CSHS beats Consol 31-17 this year. Playing 2 juggernauts in the first 3 games will help this team tremendously when district rolls around. Keep in mind CSHS basically tied Westlake without our starting QB in the 2nd half. One of Westlake's TD's was fumbled out of the end zone and shouild have been a touch back.

Im glad Consol has a good coach now, but I dont see them beating this group of kids at CSHS. I do think Consol will make some noise in the playoffs though.
Stupe
S
I hope all of the local schools go deep in the playoffs. We have family friends that have kids in all four high schools and I want all of them to do well.

Except for one game on each of their respective schedules.
Oogway
I thought the Cougars favorite number was 34? Wasn't that their first as a 5A?
Regardless, I'm in agreement that when the teams have post season success it reflects well on the competitiveness and quality of the BV football scene.
Tailgate88
AG
Works for me!
eloc62
Tailgate88 said:

eloc62 said:

I went to high school back in the day with the Fedora brothers at A&M Consolidated during the late 70's and early 80's. I have no doubt that Lee will succeed at Consol, just don't wan't them to beat College Station High this year because my son plays on the varsity CSHS football team this year. This should be a heck of a rivalry for years to come.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
The CSHS vs Consol rivalry will always be a great rivalry. I had the opportunity to play in that game the first time it was played, where we won 34-31. This is the first time since then that the game will return to A&M Consolidated, which should be fun. It was one heck of an environment last time.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.