Area high school football games this week?

19,995 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ukbb2003
Oogway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since that game is a few weeks away, going to this weekend's matchups, here is what I have thus far:

Bryan (off)
College Station vs Pflugerville (FM 102.7)
College Station A&M Consolidated vs. College Park (AM 1620)
Rudder vs Jasper (1550)

Navasota vs Stafford (97.7)

Iola vs. Milano
Cameron vs Bay City
Franklin vs Connally
Snook vs St Joseph
Caldwell vs Flinthills (KS)

Brazos Christian vs Anderson Shiro
Allen Academy vs Buckholts

Hopefully, that is accurate; best of luck to all the players and everyone drive safe and be kind!
gettingitdone
Why specifically do you feel Consol can't beat CSHS?
DWren
Consol has yet to play a defense with a pulse.. And won't see one tonight either.
6-4-3
AG
Consol has an outstanding squad. Both sides of the ball have top line talent and the offense should get better with repetition. Remember, it is a brand new system for the kids. Depth is the key issue for the Tigers. Until Consol can get more bodies participating in the program from 7th to 12th, then it will be a prorgram with less depth than Temple and CSHS. Fedora is working to change that. As recent fourth quarters against CSHS show, depth is key.

The gauntlet will begin soon enough for Consol with back to back contests against Temple (away) and CSHS (home). Don't sleep on Waco either, who has an abundance of talent every year but tends to fade down the stretch.
gettingitdone
So Consol beats Woodlands College Park!! Great job guys!!! CSHS had a big win too. Maybe Pfluegerville's D didn't have a pulse!
TAMU1990
Oogway
District play is where things get sorted out w/respect to teams and especially the postseason play. FWIW I don't look too closely at won/loss records. At any given moment, a team can have loads of talent but lose due to circumstances both within and without their control. Some folks get pretty emotionally involved in the success or lack of with the sports teams, but if a losing a game is the worst thing to happen to my children then they will have led a charmed life indeed. I do enjoy watching teams that are gracious in losing and winning--they have learned that the lessons of sport can last longer than the outcome of the individual contest.

TAMU1990
Chace_Murphy
College Station at Bryan; Friday, September 29; Merrill Green Stadium, 7:30 p.m.

In the short history of intra-area football, this has proven to be an entertaining series. College Station is undefeated against Consol and Rudder but the Vikings have given them fits. And I'm sure Bryan would like to avenge last year's lopsided loss. Pregame at 7. Kickoff is at 7:30 on The Zone, 102.7, for the College Station broadcast.

2014: Bryan 41, College Station 34 (OT)
2015: Bryan 27, College Station 17
2016: College Station 65, Bryan 7
gettingitdone
I guess ole BHS's defense has a pulse!! Very close game
txgardengirl
Consol tops Waco 35-31 despite losing their starting qb in the 1st quarter
CSHS over Bryan 35-34 after Bryan led most of the game

Tough district - should be a fun year
6-4-3
AG
You are right. This district is a beast from a scheduling standpoint. It is why depth is so important. Consol gets a big win tonight and yet now faces Temple, CSHS, and Bryan in consecutive weeks.

Waco is going to knock someone off down the road. They have athletes all over the field. QB Pahl came in a did nice job in relief for Consol.
Stupe
S
Great game between CS and Consol last night.
TAMU1990
AG
[This thread is about the current season that the local teams are having and that is all that this thread is about. Any poster that derails this thread again WILL GET A BAN. There is your warning. -Staff]
eloc62
Checked my Dave Campbells Texas FB 5A high school rankings tonight. College Station #12, Temple#15, Consol#23. 3 top 25 teams in the state in this district. wow! this district really is a beast. wonder if any other 5A district has this many teams ranked? also, CSHS DE Marquis Conchola was nominated this week for the Mr. Texas 5A football player of the week by this site with 8 tackles, 5 sacks, 2 tfl and 3 qbp. I voted for him.
gibby03
AG
And then there's lowly Bryan. Had College Station on the ropes and should've beat them. Last year advanced in the playoffs after finishing 4th by beating a district champ in Ennis in the first round. Play Consol this week and wouldn't be surprised if they beat them. The district is ridiculously tough.
6-4-3
AG
Bryan can be tough for sure. The Vikings are catching the Tigers at a good time on the schedule. Should be a good game between a veteran head coach and one of his former players from another era. Huge playoff implications. Consol's front loaded District schedule is a challenge. Good luck and good health to all 4 local teams.
EVA3
AG
Lowly Bryan, huh?
gibby03
AG
EVA3 said:

Lowly Bryan, huh?
Yeah. I was kidding. I actually think they will beat Consol. I was just playing into the "Bryan is worse than both College Station and Consol."
eloc62
My post was in no way meant as a slight to the Bryan Vikings, just about who was ranked as of this week. Bryan has a very good football team this year as I saw during the CS/Bryan game this year. I think they make the playoffs again this year.
Cayman
What are the playoff scenarios going into week 11? I know CS & Temple are the top seeds. How about Consol, Waco, Rudder, and Bryan. Are all four still in contention or are there any locks?
victory
AG
Bryan is out of the playoff race. If Rudder somehow beats consol it really shakes things up for the last 2 playoff spots bc that would put Consol, Rudder and Waco (if they beat 0-9 University) all at 3-3 in the district and swould come down to points. If Consol beats Rudder, as they should, that would put Consol and waco in the playoffs. In that scenario, Waco and Temple would go DI (Big School) and Consol and CS will go DII (Small School).

Will also be interesting next year with 5A going to a predetermined D1/DII District split. Bryan is Going 6A, CS will be 5A DI and Consol and Rudder will be 5A DII. CS likely going to district with Magnolia, Magnolia West, Waller, Willis, Tomball, Huntsville and Montgomery. Consol and Rudder will likely be together with Brenham and who knows who else in 5A DII
Creekisrising
Good stuff, victory.

On the consol/rudder/Waco deal:
Not sure if this is true but was told that rudder would have to win by 4 points to get to the playoffs. Anything under that and consol is in.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Much like victory said, the best bet is Consol beating Rudder. Stranger things have happened, though. Just ask Bryan.

The 17-5A picture is a little more unclear for the last two spots, since the four teams vying for them (Whitehouse, Lindale, Jacksonville, and Nacogdoches) play each other Friday. Whitehouse against Lindale; Jacksonville against Nacogdoches.

Likely scenario:

Division I
Temple vs Ennis/Corsicana loser
Waco vs Ennis/Corsicana winner

Division II
College Station vs Whitehouse/Lindale/Jacksonville
Consol vs Whitehouse/Lindale/Jacksonville
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Also, realignment is going to break up a good thing. Bryan going up and UIL screwing up 5A with the division split means the end of the four-team rotation. Don't expect College Station and A&M Consolidated to play again any time soon. Consol will still play Bryan, though. At least that's what I've heard.
gibby03
AG
Scenario for this district is simple.

Rudder beats Consol and Waco beats Unviersity then all three teams go 3-3 in district. In that case this determines playoffs:

Waco is in regardless at this point.

Rudder beats Consol by 3 or less or loses to Consol, Consol goes to the playoffs with College Station, Temple and Waco.

Rudder beats Consol by 4 or more then it goes to a positive point differential. Consol beat Waco by +4, Waco beat Rudder 35-6 and can only claim a +15 point differential according to district rules. IF Rudder was to win by 4 or more then Waco goes in because of the +15 points and that would leave Consol and Rudder sitting there both with a +4 point differential. Then it would go head to head and Rudder would have beaten Consol.

If Rudder was to win by 3 or less then their +3 would be less than Consol in the point system and they would be left out.

Clear?

Regardless of how it shakes up this week the teams will fall into these brackets for the playoffs:

Temple & Waco - D1 Bracket
College Station & winner of Rudder/Consol - D2 Bracket

Tailgate88
AG
http://www.texasfootball.com/snapshot/
rgracie
Consol has to concerned about a surging Rudder team that may keep them out of the playoffs, not likely to happen but they appear to have played down to teams they should beat easily all year...the exception being waco u who can't beat anybody. Their offense seems to be getting worse every week but the D is carrying them past their better opponents, if Rudder can find a way to score that may make the first time Consol misses the post season in a really long time.

heard from a Consol parent last spring that they were excited about the new coach because they were tired of losing in the third round......may not have to worry about it this year

DWren
I'll agree that Rudder winning their last 2 games is exciting for Rudder and at least adds a little excitement to this game... But let's hold off on the " surging" .

I'll also agree that Consol offense has looked terrible this year at times. Completly inept against college park, Temple, CS and Bryan.
However they did look really balanced against university, yeah university is not good but that was best Consol offense has looked in a while.

6-4-3
AG
35-7 Consol. Final. Go Tigers!!

Good luck to Brazos Valley teams of all classifications in the playoffs.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
5A, Division I
Temple vs Corsicana
Waco vs Ennis

5A, Division II
College Station vs Jacksonville
A&M Consolidated vs Whitehouse

Dates, times, and locations TBD
phatpat21
phatpat21
victory
AG
some local playoff games for The Bi-District round

Thursday 7pm Bryan HS- Magnolia West vs Leander Rouse
Friday 7:30 pm A&M Consolidated HS- Huntsville vs Georgetown
Friday 7:30 Bryan HS- Brenham vs Hutto
Friday 7:30 College Station HS- Giddings vs Fairfield

Get out and support High School Football
eloc62
Looks like we are road tripping to Palestine for Chris' game on Friday. looks like Jacksonville is a heck of a lot closer to Palestine than CS. Anyway, are there any good spots to eat in Palestine?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.