just curious, but has there been an unbiased look at what it costs to live in either

1,964 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FlyRod
MosesHallRAB83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bryan or College Station?

I would like to see the specifics.
redd38
AG
Lots of variables there, both cities have cheap areas and expensive areas. Are you talking about just the differences that apply to each whole city? (Tax rate and electric rate and such)
MosesHallRAB83
AG
I am talking about what can be compared apples to apples, with the assumption that some cannot be so compared. With those, I assume there is a logical equivalent or something close enough to use.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
And yes, general tax rates, etc. are one of the dynamics.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
I would like to see a "true" analysis.
Lone Stranger
What are your biases that would need to be addressed so you would accept an analysis as "true"?

Businesses all over the world use lots of various economic development metrics that report cost of living in various cities that use the same equivalent analysis and metrics for each city from a macro or average standpoint. Are you looking for something that also looks at the micro level of extremes rather than the means?
Scoopen Skwert
AG
College Station doesn't have to deal with mad mike.

Everything else is irrelevant.
FlyRod
Bryan doesn't have to deal with the CS City Council. Everything else is irrelevant.
SARATOGA
You know what they say....If you have to ask....
FlyRod
It now costs 6% more to water your lawn in College Station.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.