Non emergency medical transport in BCS?

1,328 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dubi
txknight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Are there any companies that provide this? My Dad is home after being treated for a broken pelvis and has a series of return appointments, but is having an impossible time getting into and out of vehicles.
Anyone know of or have any experience with this?
Thanks!
carpe vinum
AG
Brazos Transit will do it, and obviously cabs and Uber.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Sounds like OP's looking more for medical type transport, not just a regular car.
MasterOfNone
St. Josephs EMS and Allegiance EMS provide non emergency ambulance transport. I would personally choose St. Josephs EMS.

St. Josephs - (979) 775-5037
UmustBKidding
But does getting into the St Josephs vehicle constitute a hospital admission and a $500 copay? Seems like everything else they do does!
carpe vinum
AG
Brazos Transit has wheel chair lifts and will take you door to door for very low cost.
himynameismattd
This sounds like something that BVCIL could help with. To my knowledge, they do not charge a fee for transport.
medic1969p
Any ambulance service not connected to the fire dept can transport non emergency patients, All you have to do is call them and they can give you a price. There is usually a set charge for BLS or ACLS transport. If it's just to an appointment is should be Basic Life Support charge then a set amount per mile from the residence to the facility and back to the residence. Hope this helps.
dubi
AG
carpe vinum said:

Brazos Transit has wheel chair lifts and will take you door to door for very low cost.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.