Entertainment suggestions needed

1,235 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Captn_Ag05
lck04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need suggestions on how to entertain a retired Marine Colonel on Friday night and during the day Saturday.

How is the GI museum? Bush library? Other ideas in BCS?
BCStalk
GI museum is great. Bush is hit and miss depending on the person and the exhibits. Veterans park is an option. It's a little hot for that walk though.
Oogway
The Bush Library has an exhibit on ranching right now and features Texas ranches.

The Brazos Museum of Natural History has its regular exhibits and I can't recall what their special exhibit is.

I think there is an exhibit in the Stark Gallery at the MSC currently: Texas Aggies go to War. The only thing about being on campus this weekend is the students are moving in so it may be crowded, but otherwise worth a look.

75AG
AG
The Bush Library is an absolute must for anyone visiting us. A gem in our town.
Love Gun
Hey, I'm a retired Marine Master Sergeant...and I'm 40! If someone tries to take me to some museum like I'm a dinosaur, I'm gonna get pissed. I suggest you take him to some decent/popular/notable restaurants, followed by some chit chat at a quieter bar like Carney's. Put him in a position with good, creative alcohol like craft beers, and a quiet environment without drunk frat boys everywhere.

Also, without a doubt, take him to West End Elixir Co. in Northgate. That place is owned by a Marine and employs many veterans. The commandant of the Marine Corps stopped by there a few months ago. Great drinks, too.
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
How about Camp Hearn?
ChampsAg
Sanders Corp Center on campus
lck04
AG
Thanks!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is the lobby area of Kyle field open during the day?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.