Water Meters

1,415 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dallasiteinsa02
l0u10itd4n
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone else notice their wireless water meter ethernet cable cut? I picked up my neighbors lid to verify. They are both severed and the sensor missing from the rubber boot.

Did the COCS just scrap an expensive system without telling anyone or is my street victim to vandalism?
princeirr
They're still using them as far as we know. You may have been vandalized. This has been a very good system for them to help identify leaks causing high water usage.
AgProgrammer
AG
They removed ours several months back and switched our meter again. We're in Emerald Forest.
91_Aggie
AG
They just changed mine out about 2 weeks ago.
l0u10itd4n
Mine has stayed ripped out with no replacement of any fixture. We live in Raintree.

Personally I'd rather have wireless electric meters like every other municipality.
waterchick
I0u10itd4n: can you send an email to j nations at cstx dot gov with your address? I'll check into it.
l0u10itd4n
Certainly.
dallasiteinsa02
If they are the new Siemens ones, they have some features that College Station should add that are built in. You can setup text alerts based upon usage limits and can also setup parameters to detect leaks. It is really great to setup a text for if water runs for more than 30 minutes outside of your scheduled sprinkler time. Both can be big water savers.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.