Gun Shots near Raintree

1,993 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BrandoC
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Disregard my "fun" post....stupid phone.

Anyways heard gun shots for the last 30 min. Called non emergency and was told it was legal. If you have enough land area then you can shoot your gun off. Never heard consistent gun shots fired off inside the city limits. Wow!
Love Gun
Welcome to Texas. Unless you hear someone screaming, multiple shots from more than one gun, along with sirens, you've got nothing to worry about.
BCSMom
Haha! I lived in College Station all my life and never come across this!
EBrazosAg
AG
Always been that way. Moved to Tx in 1978 and been discharging firearms in city limits since '79. Back in the day when Plano still had dove hunting.....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nonag97
Gunshots in Raintree are nothing new, heard them for years when I lived there. Was told the city limit wasn't that far away and the shooters were on private property so it was completely legal.
The Original AG 76
AG
depending on the county but I think the rule of thumb is that you need to own at least 11 ( or perhaps 10) contiguous acres to be allowed to safely discharge firearms in the city limits. There are also rules and restrictions on proximity to the neighbors property lines and limits regarding proximity to a neighbors structures.
techno-ag
AG
Yup. Gunshots and College Station go hand in hand. We used to hear target practice going on in the vacant lots near Post Oak Mall back in the day.
RDH80
AG
don't know what part of raintree you are in, but city limits ends at Carter Creek, which is right behind Wilderness. also, if you are at the end near Raintree Dr., there is a stable across the way behind the old Academy. I used to board out there and it was not uncommon for then owner to come out and shoot skunks, coyotes and such (which would also be legal since that property is 23+ acres and protecting his livestock.
armymom
Here in Wood Creek I usually hear them at start of hunting season. Dog doesn't like it at all!
GSS
The Texas state law regarding firearms use on annexed land is based (shockingly) on previous existing CS ordinances. 10 acres min for shotgun use, 50 acre min for rifles/handguns, with the mentioned caveats of X distance from residences or parks.
BrandoC
AG
JC people its Texas. If people are not getting shot AT why the hell does it matter? Its most likely people target practicing or getting ready for hunting season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.