The Canteen

6,223 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by O.G.
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thisguy1
AgGunNut said:

I agree with you...I think. I've been there twice now. I get the vibe that the place is fairly high-end and has great potential as that type of place, yet the staff have the personality and drive that I would expect out of someone who works at a bar in a Holiday Inn.

I liked the food. I liked the drinks (although expensive and not the quality of other expensive places). I really liked the atmosphere. The service (or maybe it was just the attitude of the staff) flat-out sucked.

Pretty much spot on. It has the potential to be a cool place. I do think they may go overboard a little bit with the military theme.

One other thing we thought was weird was when we got there, we ordered drinks and sat down at a table. They brought us the drinks and then a guy (either the manager or the owner) came by and without saying a word to us, picked up the drinks we had on the table and put napkins under them for coasters. We all kind of just looked at each other like, 'that was weird' and went on with our conversation.
Stupe
S
So the manager WAS there.
Thisguy1
I never said he wasn't. I also don't know if the guy I'm talking about was the manager. I'm assuming it was, but like I said, he didn't like to talk either.
Stupe
S
I was kidding. Hence the winky face.
O.G.
I was in there the other day and there appeared to be a staff training going on. The bar manager and what appeared to be another manager was there and they appeared to be working with staff on some issues.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.