The man who wears headphones and sings rap near starbucks on Texas Avenue

1,885 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FlyRod
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had no clue, but he's a sociology professor at A&M.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/meet-the-aggie-prof-who-also-raps/

The more you know...
Marlin39m
Attention seeker who does get it, which has resulted in two wrecks that I have witnessed.
patrick.redmill
Marlin39m said:

Attention seeker who does get it, which has resulted in two wrecks that I have witnessed.
Sounds to me like drivers giving their attention to stuff on the sidewalk when they should be focused on the road.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Dr. May. Good guy. Interesting guy. He exercises his right to free speech and public demonstration in a way that informs his teaching practice. Personally, I respect that.
FlyRod
CrazyAgE
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
AgGunNut
AG
There's a difference in paying attention to things not on the road and thinking he's going to jump into traffic because he's dancing. Performing less than five feet from one of the busiest intersections in town isn't too wise IMO.

Outside in some other public place isn't the same. Agree with "just because you can doesn't mean you should".
O.G.
I've met him a couple of times and driven by that intersection when he was there. I've thrown him a bottle of
water a time or two while I was waiting.....and waiting for the the light to turn green.

I think we're in a lot more danger from texting and driving than from Stuckey (his street name) dancing/rapping on the street. If people doing "odd" things on the side of the street is a problem for you, please never travel anywhere, ever.
FlyRod
Quote:

I think we're in a lot more danger from texting and driving than from Stuckey (his street name) dancing/rapping on the street. If people doing "odd" things on the side of the street is a problem for you, please never travel anywhere, ever.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.