What are the experiences at Hopdoddy at Century Aquares

2,697 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieJason
cs69ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cs69ag
AG
at Century Square

Geralt of Rivia
S
I got there at 1:15 for lunch on Thursday and the line was still out the door. After waiting 20 minutes I managed to get a seat at the bar (I noticed it took the people that I was waiting behind another 20 minutes to make it to the order counter).

I had the El Diablo burger and it was good. I'd say that it was about like a more crowded version of Grub
FlyRod
Went with two friends. Drinks were good. Server was friendly and smart. Good beer list from what I could tell. Friends got burgers, I got the Y'all Chicken Salad, which might be the best fried chicken I've had here. Sweet potato fries were good. More expensive than Grub, and yeah, more crowded and cramped.

And yep, one of us got the Impossible Burger. Did it taste like meat? Oddly...sort of. Very salty though. Honestly was perfectly ok, but not my thing.

Much like how Fuego, Mad Taco, and Torchy's all coexist peacefully, I think Hopdoddy and Grub will as well.
chloelee
Went today when they opened at 11a.m. Was already crowded. They have basically one table for a party bigger than four people. Food was ok at best. We will try it at least once more to be fair.
AggiePhil
AG
Wasn't impressed. $24 lunch and that was with water. Burgers are $8-$12, fries are $5-$7, and shakes are $7. And the burger wasn't good. The college kids will keep them in business though. It'll do well.
95_Aggie
AG
Wow ... 3 responses before a negative post. Is that a record?
redd38
AG
AGnCS said:

Wow ... 3 responses before a negative post. Is that a record?

That's pretty much the point of this thread... To hear people's positive and negative opinions of the place.
dallasiteinsa02
I have been several times to the one in Preston Center in Dallas and the Rim in San Antonio, but haven't been yet to College Station. My opinion has always been the same on Hop Doddy. The menu sounds better than the actual product and the pricing is a little too high as well. In every market, there is always a better option. Liberty Burger in Dallas. Crazy Carl's Mobile Eats or even Chris Madrid's in San Antonio. My guess is that Grub Burger will be that option in College Station. I doubt that it is anyone's regular choice but people are like me and eat there a few times a year. The market is always large enough that they can be busy with that type of traffic.
AggieJason
AG
Coworkers went recently. They said you need to be there by 11:30 (for the lunch rush) otherwise you don't get a seat. Parking is extremely limited due to construction. Burgers were fantastic (in their opinion). Pricey but worth it. Line was out the door and around the corner by 12:30.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.