Where to find lady bugs?

1,068 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by amdee28
amdee28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know where in town I might be able to purchase lady bugs for pest control in my little burgeoning garden? Amazon has many options, but wanted to see if I could get them locally first. TIA.
FlyRod
Producers often has them.
carpe vinum
AG
It's been years but I think a place around Victoria will mail you a bag.
jrhmc
AG
FlyRod said:

Producers often has them.
I've bought them at Producers.
txgardengirl
I have purchased at Producer's & online - they are pretty much the same. Don't be surprised that they all aren't alive in either case. Great natural defense
FlyRod
As with mantids, the problem is keeping them in your garden. If you have a bazillion aphids it's probably not a problem.
jrhmc
AG
FlyRod said:

As with mantids, the problem is keeping them in your garden. If you have a bazillion aphids it's probably not a problem.
I've found that I have a significant increase of mantids and ladybugs for years after releases even if I don't see them stay the first year after the release. I'm not sure that's always the case but we had very few "good" bugs when I started my flower gardens and we now have lots after a few years of releasing.
amdee28
Thanks for the suggestions. Will need to work on trying to keep them in the yard. Not sure we have enough aphids to keep them happy long term; just enough to keep me annoyed!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.