Students are back in full force.... (wreck on 6)

3,815 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FlyRod
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wreck on 6 and southwest parkway..

not saying it was caused by a student (although both vehicles had new aggie bumperstickers...)

but the traffic was stopped from southwest parkway to university.. solid...

so lots of traffic....

and i was at the used furniture store by my old studio and they had a ton of students looking for furniture..

FlyRod
There have been wrecks and road closures all summer. Have you been out of town the whole time?

Time for another "association ain't causation" lesson.
Anonymous Source
S
I was directly behind that one and stopped to check on everyone and call 911. I got a look at 4 of the 5 cars and occupants involved.

No one was college aged
Gig 'Em
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Hey hey hey. Let's not let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Carry on, OP.
FlyRod
Townies gonna townie!
australopithecus robustus
Studio,
How about a big thank you for the students and the local economy that pays your mortgage??

Accidents happen all over the planet every day actually.?
The Original AG 76
AG
Was it..
SHARP
Curry
notadime
RC
Stupe
S
studioone said:

Wreck on 6 and southwest parkway..

not saying it was caused by a student (although both vehicles had new aggie bumperstickers...)

but the traffic was stopped from southwest parkway to university.. solid...

so lots of traffic....

and i was at the used furniture store by my old studio and they had a ton of students looking for furniture..

Uh....that's pretty much what you were saying with your subject line.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
This thread did not turn out like OP planned. Something to be said about minding one's own beeswax.
studioone
if everyone minded their own beeswax, this entire website would cease to exist.

along with all social media, period...

then all computers would be thrown in the garbage and i could go back to using film...

speaking of beeswax.... last year i got 16 supers to harvest... this year its 4-5... no honey this year...
Spyderman
AG
students
ontheedge
studioone said:

if everyone minded their own beeswax, this entire website would cease to exist.

along with all social media, period...

then all computers would be thrown in the garbage and i could go back to using film...

speaking of beeswax.... last year i got 16 supers to harvest... this year its 4-5... no honey this year...
^^^^^
TXAGBQ76
AG
Haven't students been here in full force all summer for the two summer school sessions?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
CollegeStationAgFan said:

I was directly behind that one and stopped to check on everyone and call 911. I got a look at 4 of the 5 cars and occupants involved.

No one was college aged
To help with the OP's rant........perhaps they were older students?
techno-ag
AG
Historically, August is one of the peak fatality months in the year nationwide. Here's some bedtime reading on the subject:
Trend and Pattern Analysis of Highway Crash Fatality By ... - CrashStats - NHTSA
https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/809855&ved=0ahUKEwjX24Tb9sXVAhXB5IMKHXpUCQEQFggwMAA&usg=AFQjCNHryucz1ljlc5ePuQXrcsqRXzovSA

If that link doesn't work, you can do a search on https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/

Anyway, yes August is statistically a bad month for car fatalities. Anyone who suggests otherwise is incorrect.

Gosh, I wonder what happens in August? Is there some reason for more drivers on the road, perhaps inexperienced and unfamiliar with the area?

But correlation does not equal causation.
studioone
techno-ag said:

Gosh, I wonder what happens in August? Is there some reason for more drivers on the road, perhaps inexperienced and unfamiliar with the area?

But correlation does not equal causation.

that deserves a man hug... basically a chest bump and a grunt..
FlyRod
I don't recall anyone mentioning an increase in traffic fatalities in BCS during August.

But I'm far more willing to forgive students "inexperienced and unfamiliar with the area," than townies who routinely boast about speeding, tailgating, running red lights, and texting while driving.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.