ISO Morning Child Transportation

2,119 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jrhmc
aggierandie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for some advice. My wife recently accepted a new position as an elementary instructional coach. She has been a kindergarten teacher for ten years and was always able to take our 6 and 8 year old sons to Johnson Elementary in Bryan, and make it to her school on time. The problem that we have now is that her new position is at an early start school and she must be at work at 7am and we cannot drop the boy off at Johnson until 7:30. The bus is not an option because of where we are located and we would really like to keep the kids at Johnson. I am in industrial sales and never know when my schedule will allow me to take the boys to school. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that schools in the same district have different start times, but that is a different subject for a different day. Any advice on finding someone reliable that could be at our house at 6:45 and drop the boys off at 7:30? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thank you very much in advance.
armymom
Years ago I use to have the same problem and found a daycare that would transport to school.
jrhmc
AG
You can hire a college student. I had one who helped me when my husband was working on the road for IBM. I just required a background check and a copy of her driving record before I hired her. I posted it as a job through the Jobs for Aggies site.
TXCityGirl
Some of the full service day cares offer this service like Kinder Care and Stepping Stone.
gigemags03
AG
You could also check with BCS Sitters. The owner, Lindsay Strain is really great and might be able to help find someone and even help come up with a backup solution in case someone gets sick one day, etc. I know she does background checks as well on her sitters.
aggierandie
AG
Thank you very much for the help.
OnlyForNow
AG
The school district won't put them on a bus for you?
aggierandie
AG
We live too close for the bus and they would be home alone for 30ish minutes before they could walk.
OnlyForNow
AG
I mean bus them from school to school, typically an ISD will try to do that.
aggierandie02
I have never heard of this option. I will have to ask my wife if she can inquire. Thanks!
TXAggie1976
AG
If you live within I think 5 miles, they won't take your child on the bus. In CSISD they used to charge if you were close but not sure they do that anymore. I am not sure if BISD will pick them up for a fee if in that 5 mile radius or whatever it is now.
jrhmc
AG
OnlyForNow said:

I mean bus them from school to school, typically an ISD will try to do that.
A friend who works for the middle school used this option for her younger kids when they were in elementary. Or at least she did in the afternoon.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.