Shower door install

1,000 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Summer Breeze
klockness
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for someone to install a large shower door I bought at Lowe's. I tried a few handyman but either they said no or haven't returned my calls. I tried acme and amen glass but they won't install a shower they didn't sell. Any suggestions?
carpe vinum
AG
Marble Craft installed one for me pretty reasonably.
JP76
Any reason you're not using the Lowe's installer?

No one really wants to mess with them myself included because of potential headaches and very little money. I used to install them for customers but after having one from Lowes spontaneously explode in the middle of the night 2 months after I installed it due to a defect in the tempered glass, I no longer will touch them. If you can return the door to Lowes, your best bet would be to let Acme do it turn key. Mitch is a stand up guy and has done my glass/door work for years without any issues.
armymom
Acme did a great job for me!
klockness
AG
I'm trying to get a Lowe's installer. When I first looked at this shower door at Home Depot they had a couple people call me and tell me they don't do shower doors. I ordered online then asked about installer when I picked it up. Haven't heard anything yet.

I looked at Acme a while back but my wife really liked this shower door and Acme didn't have anything comparable. Plus I got a really good deal on the shower door but I guess if I can't get it installed it doesn't matter how good the deal was.

The shower door is a Dreamline Enigma-X 60in x 76in.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/DreamLine-Enigma-X-56-in-to-60-in-Frameless-Brushed-Stainless-steel-Sliding-Shower-Door/4621234
Summer Breeze
AG
United Plumbing did ours
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.