Junk car removal

1,503 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CR173
Tim Weaver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone had a junk car removed? I'm not looking to get paid from it. Just need it gone, and need someone to pick it up. I have a title that's not in my name. I bought the car for the motor and other spare parts.

I could take it to Bryan iron and metal, but you have to remmove the gas tank for that and I don't want too. Thats a big, BIG job on this particular car.

So does any one have a "junk car guy"?
TexAg1987
Tim Weaver said:

Has anyone had a junk car removed? I'm not looking to get paid from it. Just need it gone, and need someone to pick it up. I have a title that's not in my name. I bought the car for the motor and other spare parts.

I could take it to Bryan iron and metal, but you have to remmove the gas tank for that and I don't want too. Thats a big, BIG job on this particular car.

So does any one have a "junk car guy"?
What kind of car?
Tim Weaver
96 Volvo 960

I have pulled the motor and interior plus several things like the front struts and the control arms.

I have a 960 that has 250k miles on it that blew a head gasket. It was cheaper to buy a whole car to scavenge parts from. My parts car was in a fender bender and I paid 500 for it. It had only done 150k miles so the motor is in marginally better shape, even though it wasn't maintained quite as well. My 250k mile car is as straight and rust free as a brand new car. Had dealer maintenance stamps through the first 150k miles of its life, which is where the booklet runs out of room!

Tim Weaver
Bryan Auto Recycling and Glass seems like the place to go. As long as you have the title (doesn't need to be in your name) he will pick it up and give you some cash for it.
nthomas99
AG
I used this on a car totaled by insurance (Hail damage) 10 years ago or so:

http://www.carsforkids.org/

Pretty seamless, they came and picked it up. Don't think title in other name will be issue but should check.
CR173
AG
Punch a whole in the gas can and take to salvage yard on 6 just south of Navasota.
They are a little more relaxed in their rules.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.