BCS Wish List

23,828 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texasyankee
howdy2006dfw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy - longtime lurker, first time poster here.

I wanted to get the Aggieland Forum's wish list for what you think we really need in BCS or that we do not currently have and would thrive here.

I think it would be fun to hear everyone's thoughts and play the "what-if" game. But, as a P.S., I live in the Metroplex and am tired of the lawyer grind. I am looking for a way back to BCS and considering a few different business ideas.

Thanks!
CS78
Besides a Pappadeaux's?
carpe vinum
AG
I always thought a go kart track would do well, like the 80s Malibu Grand Prix concept. I'm sure liability insurance is horrific though.
AgGunNut
AG
Some kind of industry to bring in good paying jobs and tax dollars other than retail, restaurants, and hotels.
Sleepnumber
AG
Southwest Airlines and Central Market!!!
DBSwooper
A do it yourself garage with bays and tools for rent that would have a couple of mechanics available to advise people. Rent the bay space by the hour, pro-advice costs extra, some tools cost extra, part store delivers on site and I think you would have a winner.
FlyRod
A lazy river!
Rexter
We dang sure don't need no more stinkin lawyers!!

Really, though.....a Mod Pizza would be nice. And a drive-in theater.
Bucketrunner
Boston Market.

A breakfast/brunch speciality place in South College Station
GottaRide
S
A two way access road on the outside of 2818 that would run from George Bush to 2154.
Koko Chingo
AG
Were you military? I miss the auto hobby shop.
BrandoC
AG
Putt-putt golf, arcade, and go-carts. Grand Station is not all that great and needs some competition. It is aways packed and with a growing city we need more entertainment venues.
deh40
AG
Kolache Factory
James Coney Island
Sandwich shop in Tower Point
Uncle Julio's
Cafe type restaurant that has all day breakfast

Kitten With A Whip
Boston Market
Publix
Home Goods
Grandy's
Water park of some sort
carpe vinum
AG
AgGunNut said:

Some kind of industry to bring in good paying jobs and tax dollars other than retail, restaurants, and hotels.
Soon. Maybe.
Captn_Ag05
AG
BrandoC said:

Putt-putt golf, arcade, and go-carts. Grand Station is not all that great and needs some competition. It is aways packed and with a growing city we need more entertainment venues.

I agree with this. I feel a place like a Main Event would do well in CS. Looking at their locations, it seems like the population of some of their locations isn't completely out of line with BCS.
Broncos
Top Golf
CrazyAgE
Dave and Busters - if we had this place, it would kill it!

EOT!!
Cyp0111
Lol
Cyp0111
Lol
Cyp0111
Wow
PS3D
To the posters above, we did have Grandy's and James Coney Island a while back.
jja79
AG
James Coney Island isn't what you remember. It's Greek salads, hamburgers and a limited legacy menu. They have perfected the miniature hot dog.
eloc62
carpe vinum said:

I always thought a go kart track would do well, like the 80s Malibu Grand Prix concept. I'm sure liability insurance is horrific though.
Been banging that drum for years! Welcome!
eloc62
Schlitterbahn!! If New Braunfels can have one, why can't we? oh. and a go-kart track next to it! Hey, we are wishing!
ratfacemcdougal
a cheese shop
waffle house
studioone
BrandoC said:

we had all these... no one went.. they shut down..
studioone
DBSwooper said:

A do it yourself garage with bays and tools for rent that would have a couple of mechanics available to advise people. Rent the bay space by the hour, pro-advice costs extra, some tools cost extra, part store delivers on site and I think you would have a winner.

i thought it would be cool to use my old photo studio and turn it into a wood shop that people could rent the tools by the hour or something... then i could get a huge table saw, huge lathe, bandsaw, etc...

insurance would be weird...

but its occupied... the above idea was if i was retired and didnt need rent.. lol...
InMyOpinion
studioone said:

BrandoC said:

we had all these... no one went.. they shut down..

For the record the putt-putt golf was horrible and its been at least 25 years since the go cart track was open. I think our population now can support this business.

I would think If Brenham can support Horseshoe Junction BCS can easily support this type of business.
GSS
A TX Hall Of Fame replacement...a dancehall big enough to attract good acts, and include music for the college kids and locals/oldsters.

rsa
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

a cheese shop
waffle house
Waffle Houses -- we won't have any real SEC cred until we have at least 3 WHs in B/CS.
BrandoC
AG
Yea when College Station had 60,000 people. It has double in population since then and will continue to grow. We are in different times now.
BrandoC
AG
I agree but with the crowd that Texas A&M and College Station attracts now, dancehalls and small town country folks are a thing of the past. It is sad though.
Cyp0111
I think the extension of 249 from Houston will be the true catalyst for growth in the region. If BCS gets out of its own way they can market that you can have your business in a college town with cheap work force with access to an international airport in under 1 hour.

That will be a huge selling point and a game changer.

We also need to be hopeful that places like Century Square and Atlas create destination town centers that attracts more people.

Right now College Station is essentially a suburb without a downtown and Bryan isnt desirable (outside of a Miramont or Traditions).
UmustBKidding
A good portion of this is currently available at mentors and makers. Large table saw, lathe, welding, cnc, laser cutter among others.
But needs more traffic or it will go away also.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.