BCS Wish List

23,928 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texasyankee
jja79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Put together a business plan, get financing and start profiting.
Ric Clark
Put in a grocery store on the east side of Hwy 6....somewhere on around University and Booneville.
armymom
^^ The Boonville Kroger isn't close enough?
techno-ag
AG
Ric Clark said:

Put in a grocery store on the east side of Hwy 6....somewhere on around University and Booneville.
An HEB next to the Bryan Target would make bank.
Captn_Ag05
AG
carpe vinum said:

AgGunNut said:

Some kind of industry to bring in good paying jobs and tax dollars other than retail, restaurants, and hotels.
Soon. Maybe.

Carpe- are we any closer? Was just thinking about this when reading another thread on here.
Eliminatus
AG
Whataburgers accessible from the 6.

KidDoc
AG
Eliminatus said:

Whataburgers accessible from the 6.

@ William D Fitch
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
"Class A office space" as mentioned by the Embassy Suites developer interview, with tenants that would bring in $$$. A mid-rise office building with a parking garage attached, something Houston seems to have a dime a dozen, and place it in, say, the Chimney Hill space. Wells Fargo Plaza, Suites at Galleria Village, and Crystal Park Plaza were probably big deals when they opened, but there needs to be more of them, and BIGGER.
techno-ag
AG
PS3D said:

"Class A office space" as mentioned by the Embassy Suites developer interview, with tenants that would bring in $$$. A mid-rise office building with a parking garage attached, something Houston seems to have a dime a dozen, and place it in, say, the Chimney Hill space. Wells Fargo Plaza, Suites at Galleria Village, and Crystal Park Plaza were probably big deals when they opened, but there needs to be more of them, and BIGGER.
RIP 707.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The texture of the meat in Eccells gyro leaves something to be desired for sure. They do other things well but the gyro isn't one of em. Just my opinion.
Costa and Andreas
Orlando,

Thanks for the feedback and duly noted. We have discovered that the slow braised leg of lamb is definitely loved by many and not liked by some. A much higher percentage of folks like it vs not, and we are aware of the rift.

We constantly monitor product sales, and the Slow Braised Leg of Lamb Pita definitely does great. It's also not anywhere near a traditonal gyro, which some expect.

More and more, we get the feeling that we need to put on a traditional gyro as well, which would of course be natural given our Greek heritage.

After we get this La Bodega menu section done in the coming weeks, we will examine it.

Thanks!
KidDoc
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Orlando,

Thanks for the feedback and duly noted. We have discovered that the slow braised leg of lamb is definitely loved by many and not liked by some. A much higher percentage of folks like it vs not, and we are aware of the rift.

We constantly monitor product sales, and the Slow Braised Leg of Lamb Pita definitely does great. It's also not anywhere near a traditonal gyro, which some expect.

More and more, we get the feeling that we need to put on a traditional gyro as well, which would of course be natural given our Greek heritage.

After we get this La Bodega menu section done in the coming weeks, we will examine it.

Thanks!
By the way I mixed up some Maroon whiskey drinks for the pregame party last night and it was a huge hit. Such a weird combination of booze but it is a keeper!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Costa and Andreas
Nice!!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Orlando,

Thanks!

Fair enough. Do what works for you guys for sure.
carpe vinum
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

carpe vinum said:

AgGunNut said:

Some kind of industry to bring in good paying jobs and tax dollars other than retail, restaurants, and hotels.
Soon. Maybe.

Carpe- are we any closer? Was just thinking about this when reading another thread on here.
I don't know, I haven't heard anything.
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
nought
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Oh yes, please do! You also used to offer traditional gyro meat on a pizza, which was excellent!
PS3D
techno-ag said:

PS3D said:

RIP 707.

707 wasn't what I meant. We're talking multi-story office suites here. We are talking real white collar jobs.
AggiePhil
AG
Galleria Village and Crystal Park Plaza are multi-story office buildings and they're both dumps. Any idea why? Just age?
techno-ag
AG
AggiePhil said:

Galleria Village and Crystal Park Plaza are multi-story office buildings and they're both dumps. Any idea why? Just age?
What's your definition of "dump?"
mongey donk
AG
Maple Street Biscuit Company

rmarshall2014
AG
1. Yard House
2. a true Ramen place (would prefer Agu or Jinya out of Houston)
3. Top Golf
4. Pluckers
5. Trader Joe's
6. Total Wine
KidDoc
AG
rmarshall2014 said:

1. Yard House
2. a true Ramen place (would prefer Agu or Jinya out of Houston)
3. Top Golf
4. Pluckers
5. Trader Joe's
6. Total Wine
This is a pretty darn good list.

Not sure we need a Yard House though if Walk-ons actually builds. They are pretty similar in my mind.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I really want a Top Golf for BCS. Can Texags start a petition?

australopithecus robustus
Good news!!

Top Golf is coming! It's schedlued along with the Saks Fifth Avenue and the Vic and Anthony's. Should be right off downtown a stone's throw from the JW Marriott
Finding X
DBSwooper said:

A do it yourself garage with bays and tools for rent that would have a couple of mechanics available to advise people. Rent the bay space by the hour, pro-advice costs extra, some tools cost extra, part store delivers on site and I think you would have a winner.
I have something like that... Except that it's at the shop at my house.. And friends don't pay me anything and put my tools back in the wrong places. They do leave refreshments in the fridge from time to time!

Seriously though - I have this is my notebook of Bizplans.

Potential Names we're tossing around.. "Shop Therapy" or "Nailed it!"
"Nailed it!" sounds more like a strip club and guys would probably get in trouble with receipts in there pocket from there!

The Merch potential would be awesome!!
ratfacemcdougal
OK howdy....here is the worlds greatest idea for your money in BCS. Take the former Academy building, add the former Gander Mt building, build a bridge between the two and have one of the coolest and most awesomest go-cart tracks ever.
carpe vinum
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

OK howdy....here is the worlds greatest idea for your money in BCS. Take the former Academy building, add the former Gander Mt building, build a bridge between the two and have one of the coolest and most awesomest go-cart tracks ever.
I like where you are headed with this.
australopithecus robustus
Yes!! Bankers would be tearing your door down to lend the funds for such a project. I mean, the monthly debt service on those two properties would probably only be $75,000.
w8liftr
Has anyone mentioned Waffle House?
w8liftr
BCS needs to build a bike park like they built in Rogers, Arkansas, a suburb of the Fayetteville/ Bentonville metro- http://rogersar.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/The-Railyard-57
They've reported that biking has brought in double the economic impact & tourism dollars than college sports events in NW Arkansas. Imagine if we got even half what Aggie Football brings in but spread across the entire calendar year.
FormerAgBusDriver
AG
Hooters or Twin Peaks! I mean why is this not already in BCS??? College girls to work there and college guys to eat there.
KidDoc
AG
calebiam said:

Hooters or Twin Peaks! I mean why is this not already in BCS??? College girls to work there and college guys to eat there.
Hooters is building in Bryan somewhere soon. I'm not a big fan of their food but I suspect they will do well. Personally I would rather have a Plucker's.
PseudonymK
AG
I like some of the other ideas!

IKEA
Theme parks
Skating rink
Arcade
Mini golf
Arcades
Indoor carnival
Bowling Alley
Computing center
Art museum
Garden park- for picnics, larger play areas, walking trails, improved pavilions
Castaway Cove
Daycare
Improved pubic travel service points near shopping, attractions, and hotels
Tiny home community
Camping area with a lake, cabins, canoes, etc
Afterschool activities- especially for 12-15 year olds
Open air market
Outlet mall..Post Oak Mall is so old
Mr. Ghatti's
bcstx06
  • Amazon HQ2
  • A larger lake than Lake Bryan with housing development, recreation, and retail. (similar to lake Conroe)
  • A town center river-walk type place (similar to The Woodland & San Antonio)
  • A passenger rail that went from Downtown to TAMU as the starter line.
  • Redevelopment of South College into a type of midtown. Urban and walkable with stops on the rail mentioned above.

• Less suburban wasteland development and more smart urban development so that the next time this are does want to attract something cool it won't be looked at as just a satellite suburb of Houston.
veritas47
bcstx06 said:

A passenger rail that went from Downtown to TAMU as the starter line.

So I'm guessing you support turning the bypass into a tollroad to pay for the passenger rail? This is the only way local passenger rail is paid for. Take a look at the metroplex, if you need a reference.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.