BCS Wish List

23,898 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Texasyankee
GSS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BrandoC said:

I agree but with the crowd that Texas A&M and College Station attracts now, dancehalls and small town country folks are a thing of the past. It is sad though.
If Walmart and the developers had not shown up with a wheelbarrow full of $$$, the HOF would likely still be open, and doing a great business. B-CS was already quite large when they shutdown.

The big cities at least have their pseudo-honkytonks / dancehalls....other than Harry's (in its doomed location), there is nothing here.
dallasiteinsa02
There is a place in Boerne called Random. It is essentially a field with a open air bar with 50 beers on tap, food trucks for food, kid games, and fire pits. They absolutely kill it and they don't even have the two tiers of revenue that you could have in BCS. Families until a certain point at night and then college students.
Jet Blue
AG
A new bank or two.
bcstx06
Cyp0111 said:

I think the extension of 249 from Houston will be the true catalyst for growth in the region. If BCS gets out of its own way they can market that you can have your business in a college town with cheap work force with access to an international airport in under 1 hour.

That will be a huge selling point and a game changer.

We also need to be hopeful that places like Century Square and Atlas create destination town centers that attracts more people.

Right now College Station is essentially a suburb without a downtown and Bryan isnt desirable (outside of a Miramont or Traditions).
You do realize that Atlas is in Bryan right? So is the Heath Science Center, RELLIS, etc. Bryan is growing and is desirable but some people that live south of Bryan refuse to believe that it is so. Don't forget that the city of Bryan has been on several of the fastest growing cities list for the past few years.

When you get the time, why don't you come ride around and see all the changes happening in Bryan.

Back on subject.

A mini zoo, theme park, water park, Main Event are all the types of places that are needed here.

Santa's wonderland could be so much more then a seasonal destination. I think I remember some years in the past that they tried to do a year round western themed destination thing.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
PF Changs. If Lubbock can have one we should!
dave99ag
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

There is a place in Boerne called Random. It is essentially a field with a open air bar with 50 beers on tap, food trucks for food, kid games, and fire pits. They absolutely kill it and they don't even have the two tiers of revenue that you could have in BCS. Families until a certain point at night and then college students.
Big fan of Random when I go home to visit family.
75AG
AG
More damn United flights from/to CLL. Or how about Delta coming to town.
BlueMiles
AG
UmustBKidding said:

A good portion of this is currently available at mentors and makers. Large table saw, lathe, welding, cnc, laser cutter among others.
But needs more traffic or it will go away also.

I had not heard of this before. Here is the link (for others):

http://www.mentorsandmakers.com
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Id like a Corner Bakery. QT would be nice too. Love the coffee there.
Spyderman
AG
Waffle House for sure and CS really needs a 2nd DQ.
bushytailed
AG
New York & Co needs to come back in a location other than the mall.

Loft would also do well here.
jja79
AG
Sounds like a great opportunity for some of the posters here to go into business.
DBA
Quote:

We also need to be hopeful that places like Century Square and Atlas create destination town centers that attracts more people.

Right now College Station is essentially a suburb without a downtown and Bryan isnt desirable (outside of a Miramont or Traditions).

Let me introduce you to my little downtown. www.downtownbryan.com
australopithecus robustus
Before any more restaurants, hotels, apartments and retail, BCS needs.

1) real industry that has real high paying jobs
2) a water park and other types of amenities that keep people from leaving on the weekends

It's too small for a lot of the things listed. Top golf, Dave and busters etc...
ukbb2003
InMyOpinion said:

studioone said:

BrandoC said:

Putt-putt golf, arcade, and go-carts. Grand Station is not all that great and needs some competition. It is aways packed and with a growing city we need more entertainment venues.

we had all these... no one went.. they shut down..

For the record the putt-putt golf was horrible and its been at least 25 years since the go cart track was open. I think our population now can support this business.

I would think If Brenham can support Horseshoe Junction BCS can easily support this type of business.

Something like the miniature golf course at Horseshoe Bay but on a little bit smaller scale. It is a par 72 course with real water and sand traps.
FlyRod
Quote:

Sounds like a great opportunity for some of the posters here to go into business.

Going to go out on a limb and guess that most, if not all the posters here are in business/have jobs already. Nice suggestion though.
musicforall
If we are dreaming:
IKEA
Trader Joes
Less horrible on and off ramps for Texas 6. Yes, two of them were terrible before between the hours of 4 and 6 pm. Now all of them are scary.
HEB that stays open 24 hours.
A clothing store like Coldwater Creek. Loft? J. Crew? Lands End?
Safer intersections for walkers/bike riders. The kids at Bryan High, Consolidated, and C.S. high school run a gauntlet daily. I am very surprised there have not been more incidents.
A light at the corner of Alexandria and Barron. Neither Shenandoah or Reatta Meadows can get out in the morning.
More places that serve food past 9-10 at night. Cannot wait for the food truck area to open. More places that serve brunch on a patio.
I hear we are getting homebrew supplies. Thank goodness. The saving on shipping alone will pay for multiple batches.
More stuff for both teens and the retired to do. We have a lot of talent in town that is wasted - in both the under 18 set and the above 65 set. I have high hopes for the Brazos Civic Orchestra that is restarting this fall.
No more Ag Shacks shoehorned into neighborhoods. The amount of traffic, both side on-street parking reducing traffic to one lane, noise when partying, lack of lawn care and the mountains of garbage when they move out is not something I wish to deal with ever again.

As you can see, I find the traffic around here abhorrent. Too many crazy people concentrated into too small of a space at too high of speed. Especially when parents/fans/new students are in town.
JohnD`05
An air-conditioned indoor play park for stay at home parents with pre-schoolers. There is very little entertainment for them outside the home, especially when it's too hot, too cold, or raining outside (pretty much 7 months of the year).
Captn_Ag05
AG
carpe vinum said:

AgGunNut said:

Some kind of industry to bring in good paying jobs and tax dollars other than retail, restaurants, and hotels.
Soon. Maybe.

Do you know something or just have a hope? RELLIS or otherwise?
carpe vinum
AG
Olsen
AG
In-N-Out Burger
Costco
Waffle House
A water park similar to SplashTown in Spring, Texas
AgySkeet06
AG
Southwest flights to hobby and or Austin would be awesome. I'm really tired of those drives, hobby more so
eloc62
Spyderman said:

Waffle House for sure and CS really needs a 2nd DQ.
Just took a family road trip from Texas to Washington DC.. we went east to Birmingham Alabama on our first day, and then north to DC the next day. We ate at a Waffle House for breakfast in Birmingham. My son said it's the best breakfast sandwich he's ever eaten. that aside, we must have passed at least 100 Waffle House places between Louisiana, Miss., Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Virginia. Those places are everywhere in that region! It became a game to see who could spot the next Waffle House sign! Speaking of DQ, we stopped at a DQ in Virginia on the way back. They did not serve hamburgers! only hot dogs, chicken sandwhich's, and pretzel sticks. Glad I'm back in Texas!
The Anchor
AG
JohnD`05 said:

An air-conditioned indoor play park for stay at home parents with pre-schoolers. There is very little entertainment for them outside the home, especially when it's too hot, too cold, or raining outside (pretty much 7 months of the year).
I will never understand this mentality. There are TONS of city parks. The kids don't care if it's hot or cold or raining. I have a 4 year old and 2 year old twins. Yes, it's hot. Oh well. Get outside and have fun! Turn on your sprinklers or just get out a water hose and soak them and yourself. Go to splash pads or one of the city pools.

Although, we would likely have an annual membership to a indoor bouncy house place if there was one!
John 14:6
duffelpud
AG
This.

JohnD`05
I disagree, in my experience, many kids and parents do care about weather extremes.

When we lived in cities where an indoor mall or children's museum had a great playground and comfortable seating for parents to hang out, sip some coffee and chill while their kids played together in a climate controlled area, everyone had a blast. We love BCS, but we've really missed having good indoor options for our kids.

Furthermore there is a large and rapidly growing young professional population that I think could really support something like this.

AgFan1999
AG
Southwest flies almost exclusively 737's. There's nowhere near the demand to bring in that big a plane to fly to either Austin or Houston.
The Anchor
AG
JohnD`05 said:

I disagree, in my experience, many kids and parents do care about weather extremes.

When we lived in cities where an indoor mall or children's museum had a great playground and comfortable seating for parents to hang out, sip some coffee and chill while their kids played together in a climate controlled area, everyone had a blast. We love BCS, but we've really missed having good indoor options for our kids.

Furthermore there is a large and rapidly growing young professional population that I think could really support something like this.

I must have abnormal kids then. They want to be outside no matter how hot or cold it is. I agree that the parents care. But, I just suck it up and get out there with them.
John 14:6
MB19
AG
DBSwooper said:

A do it yourself garage with bays and tools for rent that would have a couple of mechanics available to advise people. Rent the bay space by the hour, pro-advice costs extra, some tools cost extra, part store delivers on site and I think you would have a winner.
There is guy with something like that out on 60 east of 2818. Just past Hwy 47.
ro828
-- Alamo Draft House
-- Dave and Busters
-- bring back Luby's

91_Aggie
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

Grandy's

we had a Grandy's... it closed because Grandy's is horrible.

Roommate dragged me there for all you can eat chicken and Chicken fried steak... Grandy's made money on me that night. Couldn't finish one piece of chicken nor one piece of their CFS.

Both items reminded me of the same items from high school cafeteria... only worse.
Cyp0111
I think if anything this thread shows many people are strange.
AgySkeet06
AG
AgFan1999 said:

Southwest flies almost exclusively 737's. There's nowhere near the demand to bring in that big a plane to fly to either Austin or Houston.
Even so I imagine they could contract with smaller airlines. I remember flying united from CS to Bush, it was a small 2 seats per row plane that was painted united but operated by another airline (sorry i can recall the name). I just think Easterwood looses out on much of its potential compared to the connections it use to have. I think southwest is a good airline just stinks you have to somehow get to Hobby, Austin or Love to catch a flight.
carpe vinum
AG
Ground Shuttle park n ride will be a pretty good alternative.
MarineBQ04
AG
GSS said:

BrandoC said:

I agree but with the crowd that Texas A&M and College Station attracts now, dancehalls and small town country folks are a thing of the past. It is sad though.
If Walmart and the developers had not shown up with a wheelbarrow full of $$$, the HOF would likely still be open, and doing a great business. B-CS was already quite large when they shutdown.

The big cities at least have their pseudo-honkytonks / dancehalls....other than Harry's (in its doomed location), there is nothing here.
The Hall of Fame shut down because it was in the owners will. He did not want it to become rampant with all this stuff they call country now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.