FYI: Suddenlink internet increasing package prices

3,527 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by UmustBKidding
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know it happens and with only one other unlimited internet provider in town there is not much of a choice but $15 really? My internet increased $15 a month.
carpe vinum
AG
Perhaps we could demand the cities stop issuing monopoly rights, and refuse to vote for anyone that does not commit to that stance.
Post removed:
by user
The Original AG 76
AG
carpe vinum said:

Perhaps we could demand the cities stop issuing monopoly rights, and refuse to vote for anyone that does not commit to that stance.
while this sounds good does anyone think that some competitor will be willing to come into BCS and spend the YUGE buckets of dinero needed to put in the infrastructure needed to offer a competitive cable system ? The reason that monopolies were granted in the 70's and 80's was to assure that the cable company could recover the massive cost to run the cable. However ..almost everyday we are seeing new technologies and methods to get our TV entertainment.
CrazyAgE
I already have it on my list for this weekend to look into the other avenues like SlingTV, Roku, AppleTV, etc...

We already have AppleTV but are also looking heavily into Sling
AggieJason
AG
Huh? My bill didn't go up.
OnlyANobody
I have (unlimited) Internet only and mine did not change.
BCSMom
How much is your total bill? If you don't mind me asking.
BCSMom
How much is your total bill? If you don't mind me asking.
OnlyANobody
$138.01 - I know that may be more than lots of people are willing to pay but we office at home and have streaming everythings from movies to games. That, and we need connectivity to monitor/run our businesses and do bookkeeping.

I bit the bullet and went for the max package because just like back when you could have data or minute overages on your phone, I got sick of surprises due to overages.
AgGunNut
AG
What do you mean by max package? If you mean gigabit, you could probably step down a tier or two and still be in good shape. Most infrastructure and hardware for residential use won't even allow you download at that speed.

I just dropped my cable with them (SL200 w/ no extra channels and one DVR) and went from 50MB internet to 200MB internet w/ unlimited data. My bill went from $160/month to $75/month.
InMyOpinion
My bill has been the same for over a year now and there has been no notice if a rate increase.

Did you have a promo rate or drop services that could have caused a bundle discount to also be dropped?
bugle rank '87
AG
I have unlimited internet only and my bill increased.
We’ve never lost a halftime...
OnlyANobody
We were getting throttled and charged for overages. I switched to the unlimited package that was offered at the time. I'd rather pay a bit more consistently than deal with surprises.

I'm not a gigabit and up/down speeds person. My husband is. Our internet was crawling and it stopped with the change.
AgGunNut
AG
Just saying, they have three tiers of unlimited data. If you truly are using the top one, you very well likely could scale back, save some money, and still be in good shape since most residential use doesn't require that kind of speed nor have the ability to actually get what you're paying for. If you do have gigabit, there is a good chance you are paying for something you aren't really getting. The infrastructure around here doesn't lend itself to download speeds of more than about 750MB anyway.
OnlyANobody
I will definitely check on that! They only offered (me) at the time, one layer of unlimited.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
We have CEO in CS and it's awesome. If you tell them I sent you you get $25 off first bill. Email me for more info. whoop03 at geemail
InMyOpinion
AGGODDESS said:

We have CEO in CS and it's awesome. If you tell them I sent you you get $25 off first bill. Email me for more info. whoop03 at geemail

You get speeds comparable to suddenlink?
UmustBKidding
Not even close
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.