La Bodega

12,989 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Jack Cheese
MsC2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I could go for a watermelon shaker right about now....

Does anyone know if they are ever coming back?
AggiePhil
AG
Praying
TellMeMore
Hey, it's the Cafe eccell people. have you asked them?
OnlyANobody
I see what you did there.
Costa and Andreas
We are working on it. Waiting for the right location to develop.

Thanks for the interest!
FlyRod
I miss those $7 tacos...
txgardengirl
brunch...
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Eccell and Bodega
Costa and Andreas
Ugh. How many times do we have to do this lol??

We never had a la carte $7 tacos. We did have a few taco PLATES that were $6.95 that had ingredients like AHI TUNA or LUMP CRAB.

We were also full service, not counter service like all of the current taco places.

Going forward, the new menu and format will have an extensive redesign that will include some old favorites, but will also be accommodating to market trends. Value and quality will be the Driving force. We may very well be counter service to be competitive. We may also go big and be like a modernized Hula Hut. Depends on the location and what's bankable in the community.
MsC2012
AG
Just plz. I need those shakers.
rhoswen
AG
Can live without the shakers but damn do I get a craving for the chicken burrito with poblano cream sauce. I've managed to find a very close recipe for the sauce but the while dish just isn't the same!
betadawg1
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

Thanks for the interest!

Tower Pointe would be good
Bucketrunner
betadawg1 said:

Costa and Andreas said:

Thanks for the interest!

Tower Pointe would be good
cfs12
Tower point would be good if you want it to be uber lame.
Costa and Andreas
AggiePhil
AG
cfs12 said:

Tower point would be good if you want it to be uber lame.

Somebody lives in north Bryan.
CS78
Costa and Andreas said:

Going forward, the new menu and format will have an extensive redesign that will include some old favorites, but will also be accommodating to market trends. Value and quality will be the Driving force.

As long as you keep brunch and the breakfast burrito, we'll let you slide on the details. Oh, and I'm cool with a few dollars extra per person if you could make tower point work.
rhoswen
AG
Nah keep it centrally located, like it was before.
techno-ag
AG
Costa and Andreas said:

We never had $7 tacos.

Ignore the haters, your family has a lot of fans in town.
powerbelly
AG

Quote:

We never had $7 tacos. We did have a few taco plates that were $6.95
distinction without a difference
Costa and Andreas
During the interim, we'd love to have all the brunch lovers at Cafe Eccell! There are several Bodega-esque items on the menu. Plus, on the weekends, we have the Bloody Revolution Bloody Mary bar and a flavored mimosa bar.

Update: COMING SOON! LA BODEGA 2.0 Menu unleashed!

We just met with our management team, and through the conversation we arrived at some decisions we are very excited about.

LA BODEGA 2.0 Mexican Martini Shakers!!

1) We are going to bring the La Bodega Mexican Martini Shaker menu to Cafe Eccell. We are shooting for a week to 10 days from now.

LA BODEGA 2.0 BREAKFAST, BURRITOS AND ROASTED POBLANO CREAM

2) ROASTED POBLANO CREAM SAUCE ON BURRITOS! We are very blessed to have such a big galley that is capable of large production. Consequently, we feel we can pivot into more depth in our menu offerings. The decision to do the Mexican Martinis then meandered into the popularity of the La Bodega breakfast and burritos. Consequently, we also decided to revamp the Cafe Eccell breakfast menu to include La Bodega favorites. Also, we are thinking to put a couple burritos with the roasted poblano cream on the regular menu.

In closing, we are thankful for feedback from the public because we wouldn't have arrived at these decisions without the comments here online as well as what we hear personally out in public. Thank you!!

AggiePhil
AG
Mexican martini shakers here I come!!!
BlueMiles
Burger
AG
*Cough* can we get some Lobster bisque queso if we are doing some throwback menus?
StringerBell
AG
met my wife there

would love to have it back
redd38
AG
StringerBell said:

met my wife there

would love to have it back
She'd probably come back if you stopped calling her "it"
StringerBell
rhoswen
AG
I live in houston but I think I was just given a reason to come visit!
Costa and Andreas
UPDATE

Hi all. Man this is bringing back memoires!

We just ordered the stainless shakers and z-stem glasses from Kesco to be here Monday.

We just finalized the Mexican martini menu and it will be the actual La Bodega menu (branding and colors).

We just made two La Bodega burritos with green chile pepper jack Queso (making roasted poblano cream this weekend). They were really good and I know why they're missed!

We are going to run the La Bodega breakfast burrito on special this weekend (with pulled pork).

In conclusion, bottom line is we will have the following.

1) La Bodega Mexican Martini 30 oz shakers. Estimated start date week of July 17th
2) La Bodega breakfast items (breakfast enchiladas, breakfast quesadillas, berry cream coffee cake, huevos rancheros, three alarms tacos, breakfast burrito). Estimated start date weekend of July 22nd.
3). La Bodega Burritos (chile rubbed chicken, certified angus beef fajita, pulled pork, fried gulf shrimp, and chile rubbed fish) on the regular menu. Estimated date Monday July 24th.

Thanks! We are fired up!
MsC2012
AG
Can I take full credit? haha jk! Will there be a watermelon shaker? I can't wait to come!
class12of
AG
I actually really enjoyed the southwestern enchiladas (I think that was the name) on the Bodega menu. Any chance those make a return?
Costa and Andreas
Can't say I'm sure which enchiladas you're referring to. May have to look at some former menu iterations to see what might ring a bell.

For now, the updates will be just what I listed and we intend to evolve from there based on interest.

Thanks!
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
And this is how you use the internet to win friends and influence people. Well done Dallis brothers!
rhoswen
AG
Seriously. I had only been to eccel twice in the 15 years I lived in cs and now I'm planning road trips to go there specifically lol
Costa and Andreas
That's pretty awesome to hear! My management team is practicing shakers at the Eccell bar as we speak. They went to Farm Patch for watermelons for the watermelon puree batch we make. It's getting real!! I wouldn't be surprised if we don't start dropping off free samples this weekend!! Of course we don't have our z-stem glasses yet, but somehow I don't think people will care lol.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.