Enercon Windows

4,525 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FlyRod
(Removed:11023A)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wanted to post a comment about Enercon Windows, I've heard their commercial over the years and I never gave it a thought.
My wife and I decided to upgrade our almost 30 year old windows and I thought it was going to be very expensive and a pain. I must admit that after interviewing a handful of companies we decided on Enercon.....we could not have been any more pleased with their professionalism, service, interaction between us, the owner of the company and the two instalators that came to install the windows. Prices were very fair and the quality of the windows is exceptional!!

They are a local company that do a great job from start to finish and the new windows look awesome!

I would highly recomend them if you are thinking about replacing your home windows, they are surprisingly affordable!
MosesHallRAB83
AG
I hate to be the one that dumps on this post, but I had a completely unsatisfactory experience with them. Ordered, paid half down and apparently the order was lost. Soon after this, it was posted here that something had changed in the office management and others were having issues.

I do not know exactly what the problem was, but its effect has steered me away from them.

Your experience may hopefully differ from mine.
carpe vinum
AG
MosesHallRAB83 said:

I hate to be the one that dumps on this post, but I had a completely unsatisfactory experience with them. Ordered, paid half down and apparently the order was lost. Soon after this, it was posted here that something had changed in the office management and others were having issues.

I do not know exactly what the problem was, but its effect has steered me away from them.

Your experience may hopefully differ from mine.
I'm with you.
This is not the same company I highly recommended for years.
After the last experience I had with them I'm surprised anyone on that staff can even find the building every day.
YellowPot_97
AG
horrible company. I'd rather put cardboard over my windows than deal with them ever again
saltydog13
AG
What company is recommended then?
AG
When did you guys deal with them? We just got our windows within the last month and we were extremely happy with everything and love our new windows
Muzzleblast
Got a chuckle out of your post because I said the same thing.

Enercon is horrible. Neither Oscar or Brad Beard could find their a$$ with both hands.

I'm still trying to deal with window problems.

Their service is awful.
patrick.redmill
saltydog09 said:

What company is recommended then?

Seconded. Batting around the idea of replacing our windows. I hear a lot of bagging on Enercon, but not much in the way of good experiences with other contractors.
AG
Give Enercon a try we are extremely happy with them!! And I have no idea when those guys tried them!! I have zero affiliation with them but like I said they did a great job and my business is in land development so....
Post removed:
by user
mgreen
Sadly, his is why I hesitate to post recomendations. Within 2-3 post, the negative comments destroy a great post and can ruin a company.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
I had no intention of destroying a local business. In fact, I attempted to use them because of recommendations on this board. This was last summer (2016). I hope it was only a glitch, but it was enough of one for me to go elsewhere. I may have just been unlucky, I don't know.
YellowPot_97
AG
negative comments don't ruin a business. ****ty service and products ruin a business.
Muzzleblast
Exactly correct.

In the window business it helps to know the difference between horizontal and vertical windows.

Anyone can install a window and make it look decent. The problem comes if you have any issue requiring service that should be warranty work to correct issues.

All you get from Enercon is finger pointing and dodging.
PLC guy
Well Andy I'm guessing you're a nice normal person who just wanted an honest and fair job from a local contractor. You probably weren't super demanding and impatient, nor emotional and needy. You got what you wanted; good for you!

Unfortunately "customer service" in the contracting field as defined by 80% or more of Texags posters and Yelp users is much more than fair and honest. They dictate to you what time you will come, how long the job will take and exactly how much the job will cost. They have alot of "concerns" about anyone who enters their property. They demand you make special accommodations for their child's nap schedule and their animal's poop schedule. (You think I'm joking but I'm not!) They work at A&M and they are VERY important - just ask! Many of them have a broken or missing item that they're looking for someone to replace for them for free. The answer to any question or concern they have must be exactly this: "Oh yes SIR! We will take care of that RIGHT AWAY and it won't cost any additional amount of money!". If the answer is anything less than that then the contractor is a rude, dishonest despot bent on extracting the maximum amount of money while performing the least amount of work.

Enercon is good people. They have been around here for decades. I have used them and I was very satisfied with both the price and the performance. I assure all if you that Oscar and Brad and everyone at Enercon can find all of their body parts.

BTW Suddenlink is good too and to read comments from Texags and Yelp about them you'd think they were the devil incarnate.
PFlat
AG
Yelp is freaking worthless. I don't want the customers who post there.

Enercon did my windows in 2002 and I still have not had a problem.
CrazyAgE
I am thinking of replacing windows in my place and was wondering what other companies (other than Enercon) have you all used??

This thread pretty well blasts Enercon, but yet no one suggests other companies to call....I don't mind giving Enercon a call to have them give me an estimate, but I would also like to maybe call a couple other companies as well to see how they compare. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

Tailgate88
AG
We replaced several windows with them a couple summers ago and were very pleased with the experience.
91_Aggie
AG
I had mixed results when I got new windows.

First, Brad Beard came out to measure all the windows personally. Great service, but, when the windows were delivered and the install team showed up, 3 of the windows were the wrong size... had to wait several weeks for those to be reordered to finally get those replaced.

Second, the installers that came out seemed to be in a huge rush. The caulking around several of the windows was done hastily and in several places I could see outside through the caulking. They did come back out quickly to fix it, but it was frustrating as I was there watching them rush through the job. People can be fast at their jobs and still do a good job... this was not the case with this.

I like the windows. They did fix everything but there was frustration by me that could have been easily prevented by doing two simple things correctly the first time (measure/order correctly and do a good job at caulking).
AG
CrazyAgE said:

I am thinking of replacing windows in my place and was wondering what other companies (other than Enercon) have you all used??

This thread pretty well blasts Enercon, but yet no one suggests other companies to call....I don't mind giving Enercon a call to have them give me an estimate, but I would also like to maybe call a couple other companies as well to see how they compare. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

I'm a developer/architect here in town so I'm in the construction business and I was very pleased with the service they provided and how nice the windows look and work.

PS-I doubt many of the posters in this forum run or own a business if they did they would not post the nonsense you see posted here
BlueMiles
AG
Do you know if they measured wrong, or if the windows were made wrong? Either way, that's frustrating.
MosesHallRAB83
AG

Quote:

PS-I doubt many of the posters in this forum run or own a business if they did they would not post the nonsense you see posted here.
WTF does this mean? So a consumer is not entitled to an opinion. It's that consumer that keeps you in business.
Oh, and I do run a business, and I don't have an attitude towards my income (customers).
techno-ag
AG
andyv94 said:

CrazyAgE said:

I'm a developer/architect here in town so I'm in the construction business and I was very pleased with the service they provided and how nice the windows look and work.

PS-I doubt many of the posters in this forum run or own a business if they did they would not post the nonsense you see posted here

Yup. Reminds me how everybody was an expert at running restaurants back when Charlie Mac used to post here regularly.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
Acme Glass. Locally owned by the Morehead family since 1946.
Cahrl
We had a great experience with Enercon this year. We were not thinking clearly when we had them come out to measure for replacement windows, BEFORE we had the foundation repaired. They came out and completed the measurement, then found out we were going to get the foundation repaired. They recommended we wait for windows until after foundation work was done and the house settled back. When we were ready, I called to place my window order but Brad insisted on coming out to remeasure given our now level house. I also asked to price solar screens. Brad suggested that I wait because he believed the new windows would substantially reduce the summer heat gain and I would not need the solar screens. When the windows arrived (on time), installation was a breeze. The two guys took down each window treatment, AND put everything back in place AND cleaned up completely after themselves. The install took less than a day, and our new windows look fabulous and are performing wonderfully. This month we ordered two more windows to go into an extension we had just completed on our house. Again everything went smoothly. Brad was right about not needing the solar screens. The price for our new windows was very reasonable and the service top-notch. They could have made extra money selling me screens I would not need. But they didn't. My contribution here is to share my experiences with Enercon, not to invalidate those who had experiences to the contrary. If I had more windows to replace, I'd use them again.
Carnwellag2
My experience was nothing like the OP. I wouldn't use them ever again. We used them to replace the windows in our home. It took way to long b cause they kept no showing us only to offer an excuse and an apology. We would take off from work to meet them at the house and then they would show. We would call and they would say sorry and we would rebook. This happened 4 times. They had our 50% deposit or we would have gone with a different more reliable company.
Once they finally did arrive to install- they left the place a mess. Hey didn't pick up their trask outside and left the area around the windows dirty and stained. Would never use them again.
Grizzlap
AG
Enercon replaced all my windows in 2014. Excellent service and windows look & perform very well - Quieter, more energy efficient, much less heat gain, easier to clean with the tip-out from the inside feature. I would use them again.
techno-ag
halibut sinclair
FlyRod
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.