Remodeling Recs Needed

1,726 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gmommy2
Mr Mojo Risin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Living in a 1970's style "U-shaped" home that had an addition that closed out the "U."

Current master-suite, if you can call it that, has a single sink, a larger than average shower, and a toilet.

Bedroom is fairly large, but is sunken about 4 inches which will complicate bathroom expansion.

Other option is to move the master to the addition. The addition has a large den, a standard size bedroom with a walk-in closet, and a half bath. Would take space out of the den and convert it to an office.

I don't want to remove any exterior walls or change the overall footprint of the house. I have contacted 3 firms.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
America was built on speed, hot, nasty, badass speed.
rsa
AG
Stearns Design Build
meinkee
We have had two experiences with Tool Guys and I highly recommend them to you. Our second experience involved moving walls, plumbing sheetrock the works. It was on time and on budget.
Good guys with excellent subs!
carpe vinum
AG
I would call Quinn Williams, then Easterling, but I've known them both for years.
CrazyAgE
meinkee said:

We have had two experiences with Tool Guys and I highly recommend them to you. Our second experience involved moving walls, plumbing sheetrock the works. It was on time and on budget.
Good guys with excellent subs!

How do these guys compare price-wise? I'm looking for someone to do some work at a rental (prob updating kitchen and bathrooms)
meinkee
I don't think know the answer, every job is different. I will say that I had complete peace of mind leaving their people in my home while I was at work.

Kyle Dolliver of Dolliver Repair does a lot of rental Reno. He is a good guy and does Twin City Properties work.
aggiepaintrain
AG
I found the Tool Guys prices to be so high I thought they made a rounding error with the decimal in the wrong spot.

aggiepaintrain
AG
call http://www.bolfingconstruction.com/ for a remodel.

For other smaller jobs:

CR Tile for tile, kitchen, bathroom etc...
Old Stone for Granite/Marble etc
Guarantee Painting & Drywall
West Plumbing

I've used them all and recommend them.

The Original AG 76
AG
I STRONGLY recommend that you do NOT use a remodeler who also builds new houses. In todays BCS market that builders are chocker block full and they will not devote the resources and time to your smallish project. Your 3 hour plumbing or painting or sheetrock job will be " fit in" between the 4 new houses that their trades are working on at a much better return. That cabinet guy can spend 4 days on a totally new install in the same house vs driving out to your place and only working 2 hours on the bathroom vanity....I had a kitchen gut and rebuild take damn near SEVEN months when done by a builder vs a total garage conversion done by a remodel ONLY handyman that took 4 days ( including a concrete pour). I watched weeks of complete inactivity in the kitchen with all of the new cabinets just sitting there ( seriously almost 4 week of not a damn soul in the house) waiting for the cabinet guy to show up for his one day install job. He had several complete new home installs to do that took priority over my kitchen.
I have heard the same from others who have remodeled so just be forewarned.
Also be prepared for unbelievable prices !
gmommy2
Joel Gonzalez 979-219-5657
Does an excellent job and very reasonable with prices. Definitely give him a call.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.