In town moving costs and recs

1,884 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LandscapeChick
aggiefan2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Can someone give me a ballpark cost to move a 2k square foot 4/2 house across town (south CS to south CS)? We will do all packing, just want guys to move out, drive, and move in.

Also, best company for this?
armymom
Little Guys Movers....they will give you a good quote over the phone after you tell them what all you have. Their employees are punctual, polite, neat and very careful!
GunRangeGal
AG
Another vote for Little Guy Movers. They were punctual, polite, and very careful with my belongings.
aggiefan2002
Thanks. Ballpark on price? $500? $1000? More?
txgardengirl
I recommend Brazos Moving & Storage to my clients regularly and use them myself.

They will come out and walk through your items to estimate how many people and how large of a truck. The contents of a 2000sf home can vary extremely

We are moving just a few miles with that size home and I think we're paying $120/hour for three men - estimated at 5 hours. Most will charge by the hour. Be careful when getting a quote to not end up with extra 'truck' or 'ramp' or misc. fees.
GunRangeGal
GunRangeGal
AG
To move across town out of my 2100sf house, it was around $550, before tip. I did all the packing, and they did all the loading/unloading.
TSJ
AG
I was very impressed with G&M haulers. They were very professional and knew what they were doing. We had boxes ready but they wrapped all our furniture and large belongings. Even had room in their trailer to move my zero turn mower no problem. We moved from hwy 30 to south CS. I think 4 guys for $300. No damage to to anything. My previous experience has been a couple yea who's through Uhaul so most anything was an improvement.

http://www.gmhaulers.com/Pages/default.aspx
Prune Tracy
Can't say enough good about G&M. They charge by the hour - you pick the size of the truck and the number of guys. They HUSTLED the entire time they helped us.

Avoid D&D at all costs. They way underestimated a friend's move on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend. They drug azz all day, then mysteriously found evidence of mice in her attic at exactly 5:00pm and said that they had to stop. She asked about the half trailer load of her stuff that was already on the truck and they said "sorry - we'll deliver some time next week." My friend, in a panic, called D&D's office and was basically told "sorry not sorry - policy." Out of options, she called her FIL for help because he had trailers and she had to be out by the end of the day. He went ballistic and went to the D&D office to raise hell. Reluctantly, they finished moving my friend at 9pm, after a ton of stress and heartache. Absolute terrible, terrible company. Avoid!
aggiepaintrain
AG
G&M has worked for me and they really work the whole time.
ontheedge
We have used G&M and they did a great job. We used Brazos M&S last year and had more damage done to our new home and furniture and wondered why we didn't call G&M again.
75AG
AG
Do not use D&D! These guys can make a 3 hr move into a 10 hour cluster. They have it down to a science.

And this post will be gone in 10, 9, 8, ....
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I've used G&M twice for a three bedroom move across town. I get the bigger truck and pay for the extra guy and have gotten it done in one trip both times.

Usually 3 hours, and about $120 an hour plus a good tip.
SW AG80
AG
One more vote for G&M Haulers. Have used them twice.
AggieJason
AG
Kinda off topic, but...

How much do you tip in a situation like this? One big tip they have to share? Tip per person? What's a good tip?
GunRangeGal
AG
I tipped each guy with Little Guy Movers $30, and provided cold drinks... they did a great job. Not a single ding or scrape on my old house, or new one. They showed up early, asked if I needed help packing up a few miscellaneous items, loaded up fast, unloaded and put the boxes where they were labeled to go, and were so helpful setting up our bedroom furniture. They even measured the wall to make sure they centered everything. They even played with my dogs... they won a lot of brownie points with me!

Head and shoulders above my experience with D&D Movers.
kyledr04
AG
One more for G&M. They are careful and fast. Will probably cost you 500-800.
InMyOpinion
75AG said:

Do not use D&D! These guys can make a 3 hr move into a 10 hour cluster. They have it down to a science.

And this post will be gone in 10, 9, 8, ....

And that's only if they show up on time!!
LandscapeChick
Another for G&M! They were punctual, fast, and careful. I had everything packed and ready to go, cost just under $400.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.