Veterans Park Field Expansion?

1,733 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mdgtamu
02skiag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a timeline for the 2 additional turf fields at Veterans Park? The city website says they are being added in 2016. It's now 2017
CSTX-Socol
According to College Station Parks & Recreation staff, the design of two new fields, lighting and additional parking is nearing completion. Once the design is approved, construction is expected to begin before the end of the year and finish by late 2018.

-jgs
02skiag
AG
Thanks!
mdgtamu
AG
It seems like this keeps getting pushed back. It was originally set to be finished in 2017, then started by the end of 2017. As far as I know they have not started at VP. Anyone have any insight?
Mathguy64
AG
We were discussing this during the weekend State D2 soccer finals in town this last weekend. I believe there are some engineering issues regarding the field construction. There is a drainage issue that needs to be solved and no proposed solution has worked.
mdgtamu
AG
mathguy86 said:

We were discussing this during the weekend State D2 soccer finals in town this last weekend. I believe there are some engineering issues regarding the field construction. There is a drainage issue that needs to be solved and no proposed solution has worked.
That doesn't sound promising. Thanks for the insight.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.