Avoid Metro Mini Storage

3,097 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Oogway
ChampsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Moved out today. Rat droppings everywhere in our climate controlled unit. Then when we were getting ready to leave, we found a dead mouse in a moving blanket.

The manager Rich was no help at all. Told us to post it on their "Customer Relations" board on their website.

Also told my wife that he could not give out the ownership group phone number.

This is the second issue we've had. Last time it was water in our unit that ruined a rug
OnlyANobody
Sent you a PM.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I've had a unit in metro for 7 years and have never seen a mouse/rat. I lined the floor with pallets to keep my stuff off the floor in case of leaks. I've also kept rat poison in my unit, and none of it has ever been eaten.
ChampsAg
My wife had one for 8 years and had both flood damage and rats. You should not have to take your own precautions when you pay that much money.

The complete lack of responsiveness and respect shown by management is disappointing but not surprising these days.
ChampsAg
I can also send you the pictures if you have your doubts
ChampsAg
It's amazing that the location manager here has no phone or email for ownership.
techno-ag
AG
ChampsAg said:

Moved out today. Rat droppings everywhere in our climate controlled unit. Then when we were getting ready to leave, we found a dead mouse in a moving blanket.

The manager Rich was no help at all. Told us to post it on their "Customer Relations" board on their website.

Also told my wife that he could not give out the ownership group phone number.

This is the second issue we've had. Last time it was water in our unit that ruined a rug
TexasAggie_02
AG
ChampsAg said:

My wife had one for 8 years and had both flood damage and rats. You should not have to take your own precautions when you pay that much money.

To each their own. The pallets were free and rat poison is cheap. Why not afford myself a safety net? Like I said, after seven years of putting fresh poison out, none of it has ever been eaten.

Just curious, does your unit face outside, or is it inside the hallway?
ChampsAg
Inside the hallway
o.O
I don't really consider Houston/Cypress to be a local business.

Everyone has an opinion and I just can't keep mine to myself on this place.

In my very short experience with this company I was left with a lasting impression, I usually don't let people get to me, but this place and one of it's owners in particular are among the most toxic people I have ever met in my life.

Metro Mini Storage Kingwood Fire.

Kingwood Local message board about Metro Fire

https://www.pissedconsumer.com/metro-mini-storage/RT-F.html

There are quite a few more complaints about their business practices online, True customer service happens when there is a problem, don't expect much if anything from them once something happens.
meezermom
Where is this place?
ChampsAg
Deacon @ Texas. By Burger King
ShawnTxAg
AG
Only complaints i have are the constant raising of rates and the stupid $3 access fee they charge you for every time you log into the website to check your account or pay your rent.
justalocal
I had a unit there for about a year back in 2005ish. It was pretty new, not climate controlled (I stored a jet ski on a trailer in there). Never had any issues but it's been over 10 years.
ChampsAg
Rich is definitely a character. Not sure why someone would take up for a company that treats people this way. Would not even give my wife a copy of he rental agreement. Told her to get out.
AC Hopper
S
Sue 'em for damages.
Make 'em spend some money to defend. Perhaps you will win and they pay your attorney fees too.
Teach the business a lesson and maybe they'll stop that behavior or sell.
ChampsAg
After the email we just got a lawyer may be the next option
Oogway
ChampsAg said:

It's amazing that the location manager here has no phone or email for ownership.
Probably not so amazing; the owners do not live here and any correspondence would be through their legal group. Near as I can tell that would be Coats Rose in Houston. I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the MetroMini here is owned by The Drake Company, a subsidiary(?) of BCI, a very large and well connected container company. So, good luck getting those guys to pay attention to the unhappy consumers of College Station....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.