West beach Galveston restaurants

2,293 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by atm86
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking for places to eat in the west beach part of Galveston island all the way down to San Luis pass area. Can't wait for mini vacation there but don't want to trek 25 miles or so back into city.
rhoswen
AG
Youll likely get more traffic on the Gulf Coast board.
Al Bula
AG
Checking out Google Maps and then yelping/googling the results yields these:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-west-end-marina-and-restaurants-galveston-3
http://www.waterman-galveston.com/
CrazyAgE
Waterman's is good but on the pricey side

Nates is at Jamaica Beach...good food
Moy
I 2nd Nate's. The mini grocery store is next door with petro. Perfect for the week long outing without heading into Galveston.
meezermom
We always stay at Pointe West and never head back into town for dinner. What we do is go into town for lunch/afternoon and either over order at lunch or grab a pizza or something and reheat it for dinner. Gives us more time on the beach and then we don't have to get dressed to head back out, too.
Geop84
AG
We like the West End Bar. You can bring your dog downstairs. Good food, good drinks and a lot of locals hang out there.
EVA3
AG
Geop84 said:

We like the West End Bar. You can bring your dog downstairs. Good food, good drinks and a lot of locals hang out there.

Second.

I think they call it "The Sand Bar." It's at West End Marina. Are we talking about the same place?
AggiePhil
AG
Geop84 said:

What if you don't have a dog? We're going there in a few weeks so...just wondering.
Geop84
AG
AggiePhil said:

Geop84 said:

What if you don't have a dog? We're going there in a few weeks so...just wondering.
LOL, if you don't have a dog you can go upstairs. I have never been upstairs as I always bring my dog. I love the tuna salad there. And you are allowed downstairs without a dog.

And yes, it is the West End Restaurant (upstairs) and Sand Bar (downstairs).
befitter
We are there frequently. Waterman's "should" be the best option but they change ownership often. Last year they were awesome and this year at spring break they were terrible.

Nate's is consistent but often packed. Mario's pizza will deliver now that they are nearby.
atm86
AG
Bennos.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.