new beer and wine making supply store opening up near tractor supply

7,636 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Esteban du Plantier
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
guy on craigslist was selling some cabinets and i went and met him at his new place. Said he was opening a beer and wine making company..

they're opening in july-ish... gonna have classes on wine and beer making and sell all the supplies..

i think its cool cause i want to have bottles of mead made from my honeybees honey... be cool to have some for weddings....
PS3D
studioone said:

guy on craigslist was selling some cabinets and i went and met him at his new place. Said he was opening a beer and wine making company..

they're opening in july-ish... gonna have classes on wine and beer making and sell all the supplies..

i think its cool cause i want to have bottles of mead made from my honeybees honey... be cool to have some for weddings....
Near Tractor Supply Co., eh...well, all those spaces in the shopping center are full (unless CLS Plasma left and I miseed it)...but near Tractor Supply Co., gosh, if only there was a recently-vacated space almost directly behind the building...
studioone
well.. behind...

its where glass doctor used to be..
Frio Cielo
As far as I know, behind is also near and it could be near even if it isn't in the same strip center.

Near could even be a block away.

It a great and noble calling in life to be the English language and grammer police on web forums.

Baseball32
If you want to learn more about mead making I have been watching this guy for sometime. He is a bee keeper also.
BrandoC
AG
Fastenal?
Zaiquiri
AG
Was it Greg D? I heard he was wanting to open a brew supply about a year ago.
Gilli004
It's called Brew Supply Haus, owned by Jason Shryock.
2151 Harvey Mitchell Pkwy S, Ste 113, College Station

Here's their business card: front back

Make your own beer, wine, mead, cider, cheese, kombucha, other fermentables, soda, sausage, & more!
studioone
Baseball32 said:

If you want to learn more about mead making I have been watching this guy for sometime. He is a bee keeper also.
who is?
Baseball32
He's a beekeeper in Wyoming he answers question for another podcast I listen too. I've been making his small batches of mead for about a year now, and I like it so much more than the big five gallon batches. If you mess up with a gallon of two who cares what do you have in it $10-$15. I have learned so much from watching his videos.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Zaiquiri said:

Was it Greg D? I heard he was wanting to open a brew supply about a year ago.

That might get in the way of that court order keeping him away from bars as a result of an alcohol related arrest.
Ornlu
AG
I'm incredibly excited about this. I've been waiting years...
Drewmeister
AG
I'm excited too! For 10 years I've had to order online or drive to Spring or Austin, so this will (hopefully) be great. Besides having the store itself, it could also be a great location for homebrew club events, if the owner is agreeable. (The local club is the Texas Aggieland Brew Club, aka "not that TABC"; seems there are a few local brewers who don't know about it yet!)

The location still has "Glass Doctor" signage and is at the other end of the strip from the recently-closed Fastenal store -- basically directly across 2818 from NAPA.

Greg D's venture was called Hullabaloo (no relation to the diner/brewpub) and I don't know if it still exists after his DUI. He never had a storefront but apparently did free delivery? I know they didn't carry grain, just extract kits, hops, and yeast (and no Wyeast or White Labs, just boutique brands), which made them less useful to me. Also his online behavior made me hesitant to do business...

Anyway, definitely looking forward to a real homebrew shop!
Prescient
It'll be nice to not have to drive to Houston to get my moonshine supplies!
studioone
and people always gripe at me for buying local and not ordering off of amazon...
meteorag06
AG
Anyone been by to see if it's open yet?
GottaRide
S
It isn't, and no obvious evidence of it opening any time soon. I started some wine and was hoping to find some supplies. No such luck, so Austin Homebrew got to charge me their outrageous shipping fee.
Ornlu
AG
TTT.

Is this place open yet?
bsh
AG
We are wrapping things up to get opened. I am placing stocking orders for the non-perishable items now, so in the next week or so, I will have a lot of hardware, chemicals, etc. if you are in need of something before I open. I am holding off on grains, hops, and yeast until the very end, so I have the freshest products. If there are any particular items that you normally use, let me know. I certainly welcome input for things you would like to see in the shop that might be different than what I typically use or what is normally stocked. We have over 60 grain bins, so if there are any typical grains that you or your friends normally use, let me know. The same goes with yeast and hops. I cannot stock everything, but I want to accommodate all of the local brewers if I can. We will also be stocking Big Green Egg grills, Engel Coolers, and a lot of unique home and outdoor items. Looking forward to meeting all of you!
GottaRide
S
What is your target date for opening?
bsh
AG
We are working as quickly as we can. We are still a few weeks away from opening. I will update the forum as we get closer. In the mean time, if I can help in any way, just let me know. Thanks, and we welcome any suggestions and appreciate all of the encouragement and support we have received from our community about opening the store!
soso33
Any updates? I went by the location on Saturday and knocked on the door. Now I realize that I was knocking on the back door. I didn't realize the place had a store front. haha
carodz
AG
I drove by the front a couple weekends ago and saw only black plastic over the windows. Signage had still not been put up. Can't wait to be able to get home brew supplies locally.
bsh
AG
We are getting closer! Should have a soft opening in roughly a week. We have most all of our stock, including 50 different grains. Yeast and hops should be here late this week. Our three door cooler is here and ready for them. Look forward to working with all of y'all!
legalbird
what ever happened to greg d?
Ornlu
AG
I went by on Saturday, and they were hanging signs. Should be opening late this week I can't wait.
bobinator
AG
This place open yet?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Stopped by today and talked to the owners. They had some ingredients for sale, but were still setting up and preparing for the grand opening Saturday, 11/18, when they'll be having an event with demos, promos, etc.

Owners were super nice and I'm excited to have a homebrew shop in town.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.