Space Station overhead tonight

4,951 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by duffelpud
Smokin Chisel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We have seen it several nights this summer but this was definitely the brightest!
Geop84
AG
Thanks for the heads up. Got to watch it cross the sky and I think I got a bonus meteor sighting.
scs2001
AG
Missed it! Will it happen again soon?
Counterpoint
AG
scs2001 said:

Missed it! Will it happen again soon?
VERY soon (and very bright again) if you're up early this morning. Less than an hour from now at 5:53am today!
labmansid
There is another pass tonight that won't be quite as bright as last night, but being the space station, will still be plenty bright. It starts out low in the SSW at around 8:51PM, and heads toward the NE where it disappears around 9:00PM. It will be it's brightest and highest around 8:55PM, and only be 34 degrees above the horizon.
DBSwooper
If you had your amateur radio licesne you could try chatting with the astronauts as they flew overhead.
KidDoc
AG
Last night at 8:45 was the best view I've had so far. Even with the sun not all the way down it was pretty bright and went right across the middle of the sky. Pretty cool.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
duffelpud
AG
Saw it from Burleson County bright and clear from almost horizon to horizon. Apparent magnitude was -3.1 - not quite bright enough to see during the day but close. It can be as bright as -5.9 when at its perigee and fully lit by the Sun.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.