Are Wings N More Wings Low Carb Safe?

14,269 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sailor
Justin2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm on a low-carb diet, and was wondering if anyone knew if WNM wings are low-carb? BWW are - and most buffalo sauces are low/no carb.

I couldn't find nutrition info on their website, and the manager wasn't sure either when I called.

Thanks in advance!
rsa
AG
This chart is on Buffalo Wild Wings serving, but I imagine they are fairly similar: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/buffalo-wild-wings-traditional-wings-6-pc-medium-96447973
Sailor
I don't believe they are carb safe as they use a flour-based "dust" on the wings to crisp them up.
Justin2010
AG
That's what I was afraid of. Thanks Sailor!

I go to BWW all the time, because I know their wings are low-carb. Wish WNM had nutrition facts available!

I guess it's a salad for me tonight, haha.
Max06
AG
I am fairly certain you can ask for the wings to be 'naked' which means no crust/coating.

I've asked for naked tenders before and had no issues.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
in before "well you know low carb diets are (insert criticism here)"

but seriously,. i think they do def have carbs but while not negligible they dont halt weight loss for everyone. i lost about 35 lbs on low carb and WnM was a staple for me in that process. of course I'd have em for lunch only though but I did have em in the first 10-14 day 2-3 times I think and still lost a ton of weight.

i wouldn't say "oh no, they are fine go for it" because everyones bodies are different.
ratfacemcdougal
HEB at texas/21 has tabasco wings that they bake in store. YUM!
Swarely
I worked there for a long time and they never dusted their wings while I was there.
DBSwooper
Swarely said:

I worked there for a long time and they never dusted their wings while I was there.
And that's why they let you go...
Kitten With A Whip
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

in before "well you know low carb diets are (insert criticism here)"

but seriously,. i think they do def have carbs but while not negligible they dont halt weight loss for everyone. i lost about 35 lbs on low carb and WnM was a staple for me in that process. of course I'd have em for lunch only though but I did have em in the first 10-14 day 2-3 times I think and still lost a ton of weight.

i wouldn't say "oh no, they are fine go for it" because everyones bodies are different.
Same here. I do low a low carb diet every now and then to lose 5-10 lbs. I haven't had any trouble with the wings at WnM. I think it's the fact that they are "lightly dusted" and do not have a crust that makes the carb count negligible. A few carbs are allowed.
Cancelled
AG
How can chicken wings not be low carb? Especially the ones at WNM, which have no breading.

I think you will be fine. Just stay away from the fries and fried trash.
Justin2010
AG
I stuck with a salad to be safe. I'm not terrified of going over on carbs, but I'm six weeks in (down 25lbs) and when I do eat more than 25 grams or so in a day I get really bloated and uncomfortable. So when I do go over, I at least like to do it on purpose, haha.

Keto is highly recommended, for the record. Way easier than I thought it would be.
Justin2010
AG
queso1 said:

How can chicken wings not be low carb? Especially the ones at WNM, which have no breading.

I think you will be fine. Just stay away from the fries and fried trash.

One thing I've learned is assuming is dangerous. There are carbs in so many foods that you wouldn't think.
Jinx
Justin2010 said:

I stuck with a salad to be safe. I'm not terrified of going over on carbs, but I'm six weeks in (down 25lbs) and when I do eat more than 25 grams or so in a day I get really bloated and uncomfortable. So when I do go over, I at least like to do it on purpose, haha.

Keto is highly recommended, for the record. Way easier than I thought it would be.
I ate a lot of WnM when I was Keto (before I got pregnant). I hope the count isn't too high, that was the meal I looked forward to the most every week.
Burger
AG
I eat pretty strict Keto during the week and W&M is a staple for me. I can sometimes even get onion rings as a side if I closely watch my carb intake for the rest of the day.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Justin2010 said:

most buffalo sauces are low/no carb

Buffalo sauce is effectively butter, salt, and vinegar.

It might be low carb, but it's still terrible for you.
The Anchor
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Justin2010 said:

You misspelled delicious.
John 14:6
Justin2010
AG

Justin2010 said:

Tell that to all the pounds I've lost.
ratfacemcdougal
Doing the low carb, low sugar, high fat thing myself. Losing weight, sleep is better, head is clearer, do not get sleepy at all during the day. More and more information everyday about how fat for energy is SO MUCH better than carbs for energy. Sugar is a killer.
FlyRod
Also a YUUUUUGE fan of the low carb regimen (can create some interesting problems when eating overseas, esp. in Asia though).

I'd be a little circumspect with respect to fat, and try to focus on good fats vs. too many animal fats (and believe me, I love a good dose of animal fat). The jury is still out on that one.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
my low carb go to there is the wing and tender basket. yes, the tenders def have carbs but again for me personally they do not halt my weight loss. i like wings but after like 5 or 6 i get bored of em so i get the wing and tender combo w onion rings instead of fries.

its always worked well for my weight loss but again , not everyone is the same so i can't promise you will also lose weight.
Sailor

Justin2010 said:

Then you don't really understand what happens in ketosis under an ultra low carb diet. Simply, your body changes to using ketones as fuel rather than carbs for fuel.

Fats aren't the problem. Carbs, in conjunction with fats, are the problem. Carbs cause spikes in insulin for the body to process them. Insulin causes fats to stick to arteries. Without the insulin fats don't stick.

Weight loss happens because once you stop eating carbs, the body pulls stored fat to replace the loss of the carbs. Along with that is a tremendous amount of water weight. Body chemistry changes making you lean out.

BTW, I just had my bloodwork done and it's awesome. Total Cholesterol 160, with my good at 55. Blood Pressure is great, Triglycerides great.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
My statement had zero to do with weight loss, energy conversion, blood sugar, etc.

I'm referring to the salt, saturated fats, and cholesterol in butter and Frank's Red Hot.
SoTheySay
S
LCHF here too. The proof is in how I feel when I fall off plan.

I also love WnM and BWW because it's the meal that feels like cheating.
Swarely
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

my low carb go to there is the wing and tender basket. yes, the tenders def have carbs but again for me personally they do not halt my weight loss. i like wings but after like 5 or 6 i get bored of em so i get the wing and tender combo w onion rings instead of fries.

its always worked well for my weight loss but again , not everyone is the same so i can't promise you will also lose weight.

You can get the tenders grilled. And they're delicious.
Sailor
And I am saying the salt, saturated fats in the hot sauce are good for you under keto.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.