Orthopedic surgeon for back problems

3,632 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EBrazosAg
deh40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations?
runnrboy
AG
Texas Brain and Spine Institute
I know a few people that have had neck and back surgery there with great results. And surgery is not their first treatment option.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Really depends on what problems you have and what you need. Ortho might not be your best option. That said Dr Friedman at Texas Brain and Spine did a Microdiscectomy on me 6 years ago and I would not hesitate to recommend them.
KidDoc
AG
runnrboy said:

I know a few people that have had neck and back surgery there with great results. And surgery is not their first treatment option.
+1
Most ortho docs don't want to touch backs these days.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
deh40
AG
Thanks for the information
CEAg78
AG
Dr Gundanna at Brazos Spine Surgery.
dubi
AG
runnrboy said:

+1

Dr White
EBrazosAg
AG
The only ortho in town doing backs is Gundana. IMHO - if you are getting your back operated on, ask yourself what is most important - bone or nerve? Your answer to that is the answer to if you want a ortho back surgeon or a neurosurgeon back surgeon.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rexter
Gundanna just fixed some stuff that started at TBSI and then went to Houston Ortho/Spine.
tbone94
AG
I highly recommend staying far away from ghundanna unless you're dead set on surgery being your first option. Without question, go see dr Friedman at Texas brain and spine. Finally going to him was one of the best decisions of my life.
boysmom
Try Dr. Dan before considering surgery.
medic1969p
My husband had his done less than a year ago with Texas Brain and Spine Institute - I believe it was Dr Friedmann
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Friedman or Hoover at TB&S
Prescient
For physical therapy before or after, there is only one physical therapy clinic in town that specializes in the spine. Axis Therapy Services.

http://axistherapyservices.com/
CEAg78
AG
tbone94 said:

I highly recommend staying far away from ghundanna unless you're dead set on surgery being your first option. Without question, go see dr Friedman at Texas brain and spine. Finally going to him was one of the best decisions of my life.
To the contrary, Dr Gundana refused to consider surgery on my neck issue.
KaneIsAble
AG
Dr Toissaint at Texas Brain & Spine. Dude is absolutely legit. I have several friends who are trainers for TAMU and recommended him for my 30 yo wife's surgery. Surgery was fantastic and her pain was gone immediately after waking up. Just make sure you tell him your a Duke fan - think he got both of his degrees from Carolina.
Country Girl
Mark Riley with CHI St. Joseph. He is not surgery-happy and will give you options.
Country Girl
Country Girl

Mark Riley with CHI St. Joseph. He is not surgery-happy and will give you options.
Country Girl
EBrazosAg
AG
Neither Dr Riley or any other orthopedic surgeons at St Joseph do back surgery. Texas Brain and Spine Neurosurgeons are the only ones who practice at SJ and do back surgery.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.