Photography Drone

1,345 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by techno-ag
josiahb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy, I am planning on getting engaged this summer. I was thinking it would be cool to do a kind of treasure hunt around college station at all the places we've spent time. Our first kiss was in a gazebo at Wolf Pen Creek so I was thinking I would do the proposal there.

Some coworkers suggested it would be cool if I could get a drone to maybe record the proposal or bring the ring in and then record the proposal. I like the idea. If the drone brought the ring in it feels like it would be less weird if it hovered there and recorded as I proposed. Either way I feel like that would be a really cool memory/video to have.

Does anyone on here happen to have a drone that can deliver a ring, then record the proposal or have experience with this?
SchnauzerMom
Like I suggested on the GB thread you created, contact Ashley Siegert with Fig-Mint Photography/A.Diamond Productions. She is an ESPN photographer based out of CS, who does excellent work. Her and her husband recently obtained their drone pilots license. If she can't assist you, then she may know who can.
Oogway
Also, look up Boss Visuals, they do a lot of drone videos and pics and their clientele covers a very broad spectrum. Professional promos to parties. I haven't used them personally, that was a ref from a friend.

http://www.whatchagotboss.com/
studioone
http://knorwoodportraiture.com

her husband is a photographer and teaches drone classes for certification..

Do NOT advise delivering a ring via drone...

what happens if it accidentally gets dropped? and you wont know where...

or someone gets mad and shoots it with a shotgun..
scottimus
AG
I can help you with your plan.

Contact at info@aeroag.net
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
+1 for boss visuals. They do great work and it's run by a college station guy
The Brazos Kid
A ring on a drone is ill advised especially with the one we operate. When reaching up to get it, if you were to tilt the craft by accident, the resulting injuries could be serious due to the high RPMs of the props.

That being said, my pal Sam obtained his Part 107 license a couple weeks ago. Search "Brazos Drones" on Facebook. He is out of country for 2 weeks but plans on launching website July 15th.
techno-ag
AG
Definitely record the proposal and maybe even part of the ceremony if you can keep it safely away from the crowd.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.