Lost Wallet

1,180 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Birddog
gettingitdone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

My son lost his wallet a couple of hours ago at The Stripes convenience store on FM 2154 in College Station. Once he realized, he quickly returned to the store, but unfortunately he didn't find it and no one has turned it in. We have cancelled the credit cards, but it had his sports pass, license, and some cash in it as well. Aside from checking back with the store every couple of days, is there anything else he should do like contact CSPD and report it lost? Any suggestions are appreciated.
LJF78
CSPD cannot do anything.. It wasn't stolen and they are not a lost and found.

Honestly not much your kid can do... Cut his losses.
gettingitdone
Thanks!
Stupe
S
Do NOT just cut your losses and move on.

He absolutely needs to report his wallet lost / stolen to CSPD.
Even though there really isn't anything they can do to find his wallet, it will generate a report. There was obviously a lot of personal information in there such as his license, credit cards, student ID, etc....
If, by chance, someone tries to use that information to try and steal his identity, it's a paper trail of proof that his wallet was stolen.

That is directly from the mouths of friends of mine in law enforcement when my wallet stolen several years ago.
DimeBox17
AG
They have cameras at nearly every angle. If he knows the area in which he lost it, it will be easier to find on video. Ask to speak with the GM of the store and tell him the date and approximate time your son was at the store. That way you know whether someone picked it up or your son might have lost it else where.
Birddog
AG
The Bryan PD posted a video of someone who "lost" her purse in Wal-Mart. She left it in chair and someone else came along and saw it and helped themselves to it. Seems if you take a wallet/purse that was obviously forgotten by someone else then you stole it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.