Rock prairie behavioral health

1,460 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by beefly95
Gigemchicken90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What can you tell me about this hospital?
MB19
AG
What do you want to know? I do know that BCSO takes people there for treatment and from there to court.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Looking for cars for a young adult
Kitten With A Whip
I can tell you that they are always short staffed. If you are employed there, no matter what degree(s) you hold, you will be asked to cover other positions as needed including psychiatric security officer. Security hires are often not trained in this field and are not usually physically capable of or trained to restrain Psychiatric patients as needed, nor are they trained to effectively bring intense situations under control, which creates a dangerous environment for all involved. Their employee turnover rate is very high.

I'm not sure if this is the type of information you are looking for, but this is what I can offer.
Gigemchicken90
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

I can tell you that they are always short staffed. If you are employed there, no matter what degree(s) you hold, you will be asked to cover other positions as needed including psychiatric security officer. Security hires are often not trained in this field and are not usually physically capable of or trained to restrain Psychiatric patients as needed, nor are they trained to effectively bring intense situations under control, which creates a dangerous environment for all involved. Their employee turnover rate is very high.

I'm not sure if this is the type of information you are looking for, but this is what I can offer.

Thank you, exactly what was needed. I will pass this on
justalocal
Psychiatric security. Lol. They are called mental health technicians. Everyone that works there receives training on how to handle a combative patient. It works if you do it right even if you are a scrawny person. The key is doing it right when the adrenaline is pumping.

They do have a high turnover, won't dispute that. IMO people don't understand mental health around here (the nursing schools were doing their mental health days at nursing homes prior to RPBH opening and sorry but you don't get the true effect of a behavior health institution that way) what is required of them, expectations, etc., so they take a position there and then abruptly leave because they feel they can't or don't want to do it. Most of your long-timers leave due to administrative changes.

Personally, I think the design of the pods in the kids unit and the adult unit sucks. There are people there that really care and there are some there that are just there for the check. But tell me of a facility that doesn't have that.
beefly95
They have a new CNO as if several months ago who is committed to improving staffing. I know several nurses who have returned since she took over and are happy there now. If your young adult needs help, it's the only gig in town and it is better than nothing; not much nearby that I would recommend over it. If you have someone in crisis I would recommend them. Best of luck.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.