Dinner Date Suggestions!

2,014 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Expert Analysis
4lilmonkeys
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My younger brother (lives in Fort Worth) is coming into town next weekend and going on a blind date. He wants something local, not super casual, not stupid expensive. Good food, good drinks and an atmosphere good for conversation.

I suggested Rx Pizza and Mad Taco (which my husband and I frequent) but I know I'm missing a TON of other great local places!
BCStalk
Amico Nave is a good date night choice.
FlyRod
Amico Nave or Napa Flats. Amico is a tad quieter.
gigemags03
AG
Although I love Mad Taco, I think that would be a great choice for a second date. As a female, it would feel a little awkward trying to have a "get to know you" conversation while trying to shove a messy (yet delicious) taco in my mouth. Cafe Eccell would be a good choice to me, but I know some menu items can be pricey.
MiMi
S
Napa Flats
new straw
Amici nave makes dishes that taste like chef boyardee. Ohana, mad taco, maddens or kyuay kluay
MiMi
S
IMHO, I don't think Kluay Kluay Thai would be the best choice for a first date
KidDoc
AG
Maddens or Eccel are good. Luigis on Rock Prairie or Paolas are good Italian as is cafe Capri in Bryan. I think Mad Taco is amazing but it is super casual.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
justalocal
Don't take your blind date to kluay kluay unless you know they like Thai or if you don't want to have a second date.

I went to Atami last night and it was good although my food snob friend said it lacked flavor. It was pricey.
Science Denier
AG
Take this for what it's worth.

We were looking for a place to take our group after graduation. Before we picked a place, we tried both Amico Nave and La Rivera. La Rivera was much better. We tried three separate entries and all were very good.

We had 18 in our party after graduation, and all 18 absolutely loved their food.

I would definitely recommend La Rivera. It's actually I. A strip mall, and looking at it from the outside you probably wouldn't think so. It's also a bit hard to see, so you may go past it the first time and have to backtrack. That said, I think it's a great place to eat.
halibut sinclair
* La Riviera
KidDoc
AG
I forget about Riviera it is good but a bit pricey. Just barely below Veritas/Republic/Christopher's.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JM13
Dennys or Applebees if he wants to get laid and set a standard
Expert Analysis
AG
KidDoc said:

I forget about Riviera it is good but a bit pricey. Just barely below Veritas/Republic/Christopher's.

As far as the food goes it is definitely one of the best in town. Price point isn't bad. It doesn't get the traffic a lot of other places do so that hurts the atmosphere unless you are looking for a real quiet place.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.