Suddenlink TV?

1,985 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 1.618
enchanted
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thinking about switching from Directv/ATT to Suddenlink would love feedback on reception and if you are pleased. I'm slowly entering the streaming world so there's that as well. Tired of the high prices at ATT. Thanks
BrandoC
AG
Suddenlink is not that great. It is not that much less expensive in the long run as well and at least with Direct TV you get more channels with the basic package.
James Russell
AG
Suddenlink internet only customer here. Two main things with suddenlink. They have no viacom channels as of a couple years ago (comedy central, spike, mtv, nickelodeon) Also, you mentioned streaming. If you foresee using more than 350GB of internet in a month, you are going to want to get at least their 200/20 tier, as it is the lowest tier with no monthly data caps.

Other than that, I own my own modem and router and have had very few issues with reliability. Other than price increases and the like, I really have no complaints with suddenlink.
DigDogDoo
Drop Cable TV/Satellite

- Get Netflix/Hulu/SlingTV or whatever else is out there
- Binge on those shows
- Save a ton of money

TicoLoco
Suddenstink just raised my monthly bill by $15!!! They raise their prices even though they do not offer any Viacomm channels. Seriously considering dropping them for satellite. Stay Away!
James Russell
AG
Agreed. I am currently using Directv Now with my 200/20 suddenlink connection. I've got a grandfathered $35 plan, and it has been great.
meezermom
Call DirecTV and ask about any promos they are currently running. Tell them you feel you're paying too much. I did this two weeks ago and saved $30 a month on my bill for 6 months. They told me to call back when the 6 months is up and see what other promos they are running then. I wouldn't go back to Suddenlink for anything. I despise them - and HAVE to use their internet service.
CN
Not hard to negotiate with Suddenlink, I do this annually. As a matter of fact, my bill went up $5 since last month for some reason so I need to give them a call.

I own my own cable modem and several Tivos so I don't use their cable boxes. I have unlimited internet (200Mbps with no data cap) and standard cable (no premium channels but better than basic cable). This month's bill is $137 but last month's was $132.

I don't have any issues with their service but it is annoying that I have to call them every year to lower my bill as they incrementally raise it throughout the year. This problem isn't unique to Suddenlink: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/complaints-att-directv-bundled-services-directv-customers-promotions-overcharging/.
Sinuso
AG
Had DIRECTV for 10 years, got tired of having to renegotiate the deal every year or so and switched to Suddenstink. Couldn't wait to get back on DIRECTV and we're still there.
Rex Racer
AG
The TIVO DVR that Suddenlink gave us when we signed up sucks arse compared to either Dish or DirecTV's DVRs. And it only has 500 GB of space so it's constantly filling up with movies because my wife loves to record them and save them for later.

I'm seriously considering buying my own TIVO because there are some much newer models that are really nice and have tons more storage.
About 18 months ago, we bought an antenna from http://dennysantennaservice.com/ that we mounted in the attic. Cost was under $100 and installation was easy. Dropped Suddenlink tv but kept the suddenlink internet. Already had Netflix but added Sling for $20/month (with sports package because we have to have sports). Net savings is close to $100/month. The setup works fine and I can't imagine ever going back to cable or satellite.

If, for some weird reason we did decide to go back to Suddenlink, they always have promos for "new" customers. How do I know? Because they literally mail us an offer at least once a week. Sometimes twice a week. I'm sorry that everyone got a price hike with Suddenlink but the marketing materials that they send to me have to cost at least $5/month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.