ENT recommendations

2,185 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by chloelee
pattybrhg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking to find one I the area and have never been to one. With it being allergy-ish season with likely longer waits, I'm hoping to find a reasonable one the first time around given so as to not have to repeat the waits to get in this time of year.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
DeJong at Texas ENT & Allergy
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Dejong or Kuppersmith (both in same office at Texas ENT).
akaggie
AG
Anyone at Texas ENT...we are partial to Dr. Price. He quite literally saved my daughter's life 18 months ago. Something The Med ER dismissed as a "migraine" was actually orbital cellulitis and he caught it when I didn't believe the ER diagnosis. He had her transferred to Texas Children's via ambulance and she has emergency surgery. He even gave me his personal cell phone number and called to check on her the entire week we were at at TCH. I was a huge fan of his before, but he won me over for life then...and honestly, I've never had a bad experience with ANY of the doctors there.
firefly1204
Definitely Texas ENT. My son sees Dr. de Jong and I see Dr. Price. Very happy all the way around.
mamatrio
Do you need an allergist instead? David Weldon is an allergist at Scott & White. He is an excellent physician.
I use Scott & White and have seen both ENT physicians over the last 15 years. Dr. Simon and Dr. Miller are both highly recommended. I love their office staff too! Great group of individuals.
pattybrhg
Oddly enough I'm the weirdo with no allergies but yet still needing an ENT. Thanks for being thoughtful though.
OnlyANobody
Since you mentioned that, I'm not a huge fan of Central Texas ENT. I have a son who cannot smell. He never has. We were referred there by our GP.

They tested him for every allergen under the sun and he ended up with maybe 10 of the seemingly million dots not reacting. So, they got the shot cocktail together and had us coming in twice a week at first, then once a week for injections. He continued taking a Claritin a day, and we petered off to never going for the shots. They billed me and threatened to take me to collections for the entire series of shots when we only went for about half (if that) of them.

He still can't smell and it's never been addressed.

All that said, with an inner ear problem that couldn't point to allergies, they were great.
TheAlarmGuy
Kuppersmith Texas ENT
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
pattybrhg
Thanks, everyone. Looks like a near unanimous agreement. I've had some sinus cavity issues that I wanted to get looked at sooner than later and they definitely accommodated, going with way less wait than I would have guessed!
Brewmaster
AG
TheAlarmGuy said:

Kuppersmith Texas ENT
Kuppersmith saved my life.

True story: I went in for allergies over a year ago. He found a lump on my thyroid just with a physical exam. It turned out to be cancer - he is also a fantastic surgeon, he removed it with minimal scarring. I've been cancer free now almost a year
TheAlarmGuy
BREwmaster said:

TheAlarmGuy said:

Kuppersmith Texas ENT
Kuppersmith saved my life.

True story: I went in for allergies over a year ago. He found a lump on my thyroid just with a physical exam. It turned out to be cancer - he is also a fantastic surgeon, he removed it with minimal scarring. I've been cancer free now almost a year
Amen
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Kuppersmith also removed cancer from my Dad's tongue.
tamc1956ag
S
Dr. Pinkston at Scott and White in TEMPLE...head of the dept...best in TExas. IMO
chloelee
Kuppersmith is GREAT!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.