Job Search

1,578 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by momkat
momkat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy TexAgs folks---We are looking for some leads. My daughter is in the IB program at BHS and will graduate in a few weeks. She is looking for a summer job that could possibly continue as a part time job in the fall. She will start school at A&M in August. A law firm is her preference as her end game is law school, but we would be grateful for leads in any area. Please, thank you, and gig 'em!!
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
Momkat, I have questions about your student's experience in IB. My sophomore is on the diploma track and is being discouraged from pursuing it by pretty much every current IB student. From a parent stand point, just getting through registration has been a bureaucratic nightmare. Guess I'm wondering if you feel the benefits outweigh the frustrations.

My email is username @ aggienetwork.com, no spaces.

As far as jobs. PPRI sent out an email earlier this month saying they're looking to hire a bunch of students to administer telephone surveys for $8.00/ hr. Might be worth looking into.

isitjustme
AG
For OP, if your daughter wants to work for a law firm, my suggestion is for your daughter to call any lawyer(s) you know to see if they are hiring or if they know of colleagues who are hiring. They will appreciate the call coming from her as opposed to a parent and it may yield some good leads.

For nerdy, IB is not for everyone but it is well worth it for the kid who goes through it. My 2 went through it and college is a lot more manageable as a result since they already knew how to research and write long papers while enduring a fairly rigorous set of classes and end of course finals.

There's not a lot of slack in the program, and as noted it is academically rigorous, and this is why it's not for everyone. Some just can't handle the level of material. Some, being 16-18 years old, just aren't ready for the rigor and the fact that there aren't a lot of breathers. Plus, while college credit is achievable from the program, it is not designed to yield a bunch of college credits like AP and dual credit programs are. All in all, IB was worth it though it was trying for both students and parents at times.
momkat
I sent you an email. Hope you got it. Please feel free to ask any IB question you need answered.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.